Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HALFASS FORECAST DISCUSSION

NOTIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIDATLANTIC

ALL NIGHT MONDAY EST ALL MORNING TUE 2015 IIRCILOLATTHEIDEAOFSNOW4U

.SYNOPSIS...

A STORM THAT WAS MODELED AS A SIGNIFICANT EVENT FOR THE MID ATLANTIC IS INCREASINGLY TURNING OUT TO BE NO SUCH GODDAMN THING. RADAR INTERPOLATIONS SUGGEST THAT THE WIDESPREAD 2-18" ACCUMULATIONS PROGGED FOR LATITUDES BETWEEN 40 S AND THE RIC SNOWHOLE SHOULD BE DISCOUNTED AND THOSE WHO SUGGESTED SUCH IMPACTS SHOULD BE DRAWN AND QUARTERED THEN SHOT AT DAWN. WILL MONITOR THIS SITUATION OVERNIGHT FOR POSSIBLE MITIGATION, WHICH WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE ZONES.

IN THE DALIES.... ER, HOURLIES ... ER, MINUETES ... A BIG FRIGGIN' HOLE IN RADAR RETURNS CENTERED OVER WC/SC/NC/NW/C/EC/SEC/SWC VA AND IN THE POTOMAC HIGHLANDS (WHEREVER THEY ARE, SOME SAY NORTH OF GREAT FALLS, SOME SAY AROUND THAT POWER PLANT IN MOUNT STORM) ... BUT NOT, AS WE STRESS, LIMITED TO THAT AREA ... MEANS THAT, IN THE MEANS, WE MEAN ... THAT ANTICIPATED FRONTOGENESIS IS NOT QUITE AS ROBUST ... HELL, WE MIGHT AS WELL SAY ... IS NOT HAPPENING TO ANYTHING LIKE THE EXTENT ANTICIPATED OR AS MODELED BY THE HRRR/RGEM/ZZTOP/KBILLYSUPERSOUNDSOFTHE70S SHORT RANGE MODELS. !IN FACT, SUCH FRONTOGENESIS MAY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SYNOPTIC PRESENTATION AS SUGGESTED BY THE SUITE OF 18Z MODELS: EURO (IT WAS SIX HOURS LATE BECAUSE OF PATHOGENSIS IN THE DATA INGESTED FROM CRIMEA RAOBS THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED BY LOCALIZED UNREST), RGEM (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE UPGRADED RGIII, AN EXPERIMENTAL RUN OF WHICH DROPPED WIDESPREAD 20-30" ACCUMULATIONS ACROSS THE LWX REGION BUT WAS DISCOUNTED DUE TO A LACK OF DATA PROCESSING ROBUSTNESS), AND THE HRRR, WHICH HAS BEEN DISCOUNTED BECAUSE IT LACKS TWO "O'S" IN THE ACRONYM AND THUS ALWAYS TENDS TOWARD MORE AGGRESSIVE WINTERTIME SOLUTIONS.

THEREFORE, HAVE DECIDED TO DISCONTINUE WSWs FOR PRACTICALLY ALL OF THE AREA (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PARR'S RIDGE, WHERE LATEST GROUND-TRUTH REPORTS VERIFY 4-6"/HR ACCUMULATIONS) AND HAVE COORDINATED WITH BOX, GYX, AND ALY TO HOIST BLIZZARD WARNINGS FOR THE NEXT FORTNIGHT, IN KEEPING WITH SEASONAL TRENDS.

LMAO!!!

so many hip craft beer drinkers here.  never knew.

guess it's not cool to drink regular beer anymore.

back in the day, you would get a 12 pack or a case, of one kind of beer, and drink that.  merica.

Craft beer opens so many other possibilities that cow piss doesn't. ;)

so many hip craft beer drinkers here.  never knew.

guess it's not cool to drink regular beer anymore.

back in the day, you would get a 12 pack or a case, of one kind of beer, and drink that.  merica.

I don't think its a 'hip' thing...

During the 2/5-6 blizz, my buddies and I went out and got several (yea...) 30-packs of Natty Lite just so we had something light to pound all night long.  Now that I'm no longer 20-something and single, buying several 30-packs of cheap stuff to get trashed on for hours doesn't go over as easily... haha.  Its nice to celebrate with something a little nicer nowadays....

Finishing the eve with a Samuel Smith Imperial Stout.  If you've never had Samuel Smith (not Adams), give it a try.  Its awesome.

The best part of Meso's post was "the Potomac highlands where ever the hell they are" rofl. I always wonder that. Where the hell is that? Last time I checked the Potomac was a river and was at sea level. And it's not Potomac MD unless that's a separate zone from Rockville. I dunno.

That made me howl and then I was finished off by the short range models.

Archived