joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh... it's not very consistent for LWX to forecast 5-8" in a warning, 4-6" on their snow map, and 3-5" on the point and click (throughout the northern Baltimore county zone, not just my backyard).

I'm confused about what they're expecting.

3-8"

meh... it's not very consistent for LWX to forecast 5-8" in a warning, 4-6" on their snow map, and 3-5" on the point and click (throughout the northern Baltimore county zone, not just my backyard).

I'm confused about what they're expecting.

They are confused about what they are expecting.

Man, this is a reversal of fortune. By early January we were looking like toast, got a reprieve, then by late Janaury we were teetering again and then WHAM.

earlier start time, dry air not playing much of a factor.

Ok I'll play optimist. There is a nice band of snow being enhanced by frontegenic forcing along the arctic boundary from near Dayton to Columbus well nw of the main previp area. Our best hope is fir something similar to happen here tonight.

What could hurt us is if the storm jumps to the coast and refocuses the banding dc south. Then we might get stuck in the substinance outside those bands. If the low just bowls through I could see a nice band along the nw fringe forming.

They are confused about what they are expecting.

Man, this is a reversal of fortune. By early January we were looking like toast, got a reprieve, then by late Janaury we were teetering again and then WHAM.

you and many others were blasting me 2 weeks ago when I was suggesting it was likely we saw snow eventually given the pattern.

Ok I'll play optimist. There is a nice band of snow being enhanced by frontegenic forcing along the arctic boundary from near Dayton to Columbus well nw of the main previp area. Our best hope is fir something similar to happen here tonight.

What could hurt us is if the storm jumps to the coast and refocuses the banding dc south. Then we might get stuck in the substinance outside those bands. If the low just bowls through I could see a nice band along the nw fringe forming.

You're more optimistic than I am

How does this compare to how 1/30/2010 turned out, especially for those of us north of Baltimore? I remember it being a very similar forecast with 4-8" for DC and 1-3" in the northern counties, but then a very persistent band developed north of Baltimore and crushed the nearby burbs with 6"+, even Highstakes got 4".

I'd love to see that happen again

OK I need to know more about the figure behind the drink. Is that 18th C garb and what is up with the hands??

Nothing falling here. I like the reports from Essex, Hamilton, Parkville though...

It's a monkey serving thingie. Lol. You can put fruit or whatever in it. I used it for my Old Fashioined.

Snowing here. It's going to snow there as well!

Archived