joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God.  A voice of reason.  What took you so long?

:)

Also banter, I'm glad no one seems to have been seriously hurt, but here's just another piece of evidence of why living in 21208 is terrible for your insurance rates.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/suv-senior-car-bus-collide-in-pikesville-15-injured/31294820

I am telling you everytime i go into the Giant parking lot, i almost get killed by a 90 yr old.

I really don't understand why LWX updates its snowfall map so frequently. How does that serve anyone, except confuse people. We are a very, very small group who keep tabs on this stuff continually. Most people would like at once, and move on to the rest of their lives. I can see updating it twice a day, or after each shift, etc, but in the span of 2 hours it took DC from 6 to 8, down to 4 to 6, and then back up to 6 to 8 (with 8 to 10 creeping toward the city from the south)... How is this much change helpful to anyone?

You must be new to this. Try to get used to it. It's much better than putting something up and never changing it again.

You must be new here. Try to get used to it. It's much better than putting something up and never changing it again.

i am not new here.  And no, seemingly knee-jerk reactions and changes are not better.. They need to be more aware, anyone of those maps can be copied/tweeted/put on Facebook, etc, so it serves no one to have continually changing information floating around. Far better to make a forecast every 10 hours or so, and stick with it.

Watching people park there is truly comedy.  I walk there most of the time, and even then I worry someone is going to jump the curb and hit me.  Hell, Dugan's and Mari Luna both got plowed. 

Yup i was there right when Dugan's got plowed. I am good friends with the owner. I also saw an old lady plow into Boston Market last year. I swear at 39 i lower the average age around here by 40 years.

i am not new here.  And no, seemingly knee-jerk reactions and changes are not better.. They need to be more aware, anyone of those maps can be copied/tweeted/put on Facebook, etc, so it serves no one to have continually changing information floating around. Far better to make a forecast every 10 hours or so, and stick with it.

I respect your concern. One problem with having a set cycle of updates is weather systems all move at their own pace. I believe the first snow map was put up a little over 12 hours ago. The timing of a snowsquall or Clipper will change more often in that window versus an approaching coastal. That being said, just look at how early the snow started compared to when the first onset map went out earlier last night. Big difference between start times of 7pm and 2-3pm. Just trying to explain a bit.

Yup i was there right when Dugan's got plowed. I am good friends with the owner. I also saw an old lady plow into Boston Market last year. I swear at 39 i lower the average age around here by 40 years.

Dugan's is awesome.  I get at least a couple growlers filled there each week.  Super nice guy that has had some incredible bad luck.  I don't buy lottery tickets often, but when I do, I get them there because his luck has to change.

Vineyards Elite is cool too.  The husband and wife owners there are also good people.  It's a good thing that I drink enough to be able to support two places.

Now if only I could decide which of the 14 hair and nail places to go to...

Dugan's is awesome.  I get at least a couple growlers filled there each week.  Super nice guy that has had some incredible bad luck.  I don't buy lottery tickets often, but when I do, I get them there because his luck has to change.

Vineyards Elite is cool too.  The husband and wife owners there are also good people.  It's a good thing that I drink enough to be able to support two places.

Now if only I could decide which of the 14 hair and nail places to go to...

Lol, i think my wife has tried all of them.............................  in the past week.

Archived