joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's an assumption that northern md averages tons more snow than dc which is not true. They have a right to be concerned about storns just like we do though I also agree it belongs more in the banter thread than the modesl. I really havent seen too many bad posts and not sure why people get annoyed by worriers. I actually think it's kind of funny. Rudeness and brown nosing bothers me more.

I think there's an assumption that northern md averages tons more snow than dc which is not true. They have a right to be concerned about storns just like we do though I also agree it belongs more in the banter thread than the modesl. I really havent seen too many bad posts and not sure why people get annoyed by worriers. I actually think it's kind of funny. Rudeness and brown nosing annoys me more.

Um yes they do. They average almost 20" more per winter.

I think there's an assumption that northern md averages tons more snow than dc which is not true. 

Oh for godssake - that is literally an untrue statement. This is such a fascinating area because of the very different climates within a relatively short distance - but northern MD up near the PA border gets a ton more snow, on average, than DCA. It's not even close.

Oh for godssake - that is literally an untrue statement. This is such a fascinating area because of the very different climates within a relatively short distance - but northern MD up near the PA border gets a ton more snow, on average, than DCA. It's not even close.

We have different opinions of the word ton. They average in the 30s and we average near 20. I'm not talking about western md.

Maybe 87storms and the rest of us have different interpretations of what qualifies as northern Maryland lol - all this talk is pretty tiresome. It's going to snow...can't we all just get along?

I joined in on it because it made me look at an average snow map. Frederick, which I would call northern md, averages 5" more per season than silver spring.

To my northern brethren: please don't fret because CPT issued WWA for areas along Mason/Dixon line, their warning criteria is different than ours. 

both York and Shrewsbury have 3-5 in their forecasts, their snow map shows 4-6 along the line. 

deep breath. In and out. its OK. 

Archived