joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Matt reached his breaking point wrt the northerners.

He needs to calm down and I've told him that privately,  but he's mostly right though.  Most have become insufferable.   It's a different mentality...when we're modeled to get less snow than them, we're just f*cking happy to be in the game and most of us are grateful.   Reverse that (which rarely happens) and you get despondent, sullen posts that are killing the vibe of the thread to be honest.

He needs to calm down and I've told him that privately,  but he's mostly right though.  Most have become insufferable.   It's a different mentality...when we're modeled to get less snow than them, we're just f*cking happy to be in the game and most of us are grateful.   Reverse that (which rarely happens) and you get despondent, sullen posts that are killing the vibe of the thread to be honest.

1000% agree with you.

I lurk on this board all the time. I have relatively little to contribute however the discussions here are very interesting and help me better understand my husband's profession. It is just my two cents that it is very disappointing to see contributing members being called b*tches and the f bomb being dropped. Also didn't really appreciate him saying my husband was sleeping around.

Just my opinion and back to lurking.

I lurk on this board all the time. I have relatively little to contribute however the discussions here are very interesting and help me better understand my husband's profession. It is just my two cents that it is very disappointing to see contributing members being called b*tches and the f bomb being dropped. Also didn't really appreciate him saying my husband was sleeping around.

Lmao

:o  :o

say what?

Judging by radar I would put the sweet spot from moco to Fredericksburg and then maybe bmore to annapolis. I don't think this is going to trend north and will admit that even if I was in mt airy Id be a little cautious with this one. They have their added elevation there for lift like all of northern md but that dry air is the business. All that said, if we do get the qpf modeled (which I honestly don't think we will) then it's going to accumulate quicker than people think. 0.5" in these temps is 8-10" imo. This is upper Midwest weather and they can score in clippers with half that qpf.

where was that last part posted?

I'm dissapointed when anyone gets more snow than me. North, south, east, west. If we're gonna get a storm, I want the bands, man. Of course, I'm chasing something else at this point. After 2010, large piles of snow don't do it for me. I chase rates and thundersnow. So inevitably, less snow in this case means worse rates.

There were complaints in reverse last year from NMD people about killing the vibe bc of the despondent sullen, etc...it is eternal...that said, it is annoying when people always expect to jackpot!

Anyway I'm not NMD...I am SE of 95 in a 0' elevation snow hole. And I am 100% stoked for whatever I get. 4" cold powder would be fab. I probably need a break from the board...wow it has finally happened to me...

Archived