joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, especially if they're congratulating us and hoping we get slammed!

Meh, I guess it's boring for them in their forum, what with nearly 80" in the past 3 weeks (I think that's pretty close to what they got since the last part of January, seriously)!

Boston itself has had 90" lol .. That's gotta be about the most anywhere outside the mtns or lake belts in such a short stretch on record.

Boston itself has had 90" lol .. That's gotta be about the most anywhere outside the mtns or lake belts in such a short stretch on record.

Most I've seen in an area that I lived in...and I wasn't even there at the time!...was in northeast Ohio in November 1996.  It was all a lake effect event.  KCLE and areas east/south of town in the main snow belt got 20-60" (depending on location) in a 5 day period.  I think I've still got the news article my parents sent to me from back then (I was in Atlanta at the time, grad school at Ga Tech).

I was explaining the series of storms to someone not into the weather, and he was completely amazed: 2 ft blizzard, 1.5 ft storm one week later, 2 ft storm one week later, 1-1.5 ft storm one week later, with smaller snowfalls interspersed. 

I was explaining the series of storms to someone not into the weather, and he was completely amazed: 2 ft blizzard, 1.5 ft storm one week later, 2 ft storm one week later, 1-1.5 ft storm one week later, with smaller snowfalls interspersed. 

It was interesting and sort of on par with our snowmageddon period for the first 10 days but since then it just kept coming. Really incredible.. people will study it for a long time, especially if they manage to pile on more. Shoot, they're even pushing a lot of lake belt areas at this point.. they could in theory top 100" in a 30 day stretch I guess with this storm though haven't looked that closely.

It was interesting and sort of on par with our snowmageddon period for the first 10 days but since then it just kept coming. Really incredible.. people will study it for a long time, especially if they manage to pile on more. Shoot, they're even pushing a lot of lake belt areas at this point.. they could in theory top 100" in a 30 day stretch I guess with this storm though haven't looked that closely.

The new Ukie shafts them, it does not look like they can get 10" out of this.

It would be a nice event but probably not worth an all nighter for me. I shouldn't speak for others though.

I'll enjoy what I get even if it's 3-4". Beggars can't be choosers

It's not our year we should be happy with this and we still have several chances in the next 10 days. I bet we end up at or just above climo come March 15th.

It's not our year we should be happy with this and we still have several chances in the next 10 days. I bet we end up at or just above climo come March 15th.

You're totally right, so long as we get 5" I don't see a reason to complain. I'm also feeling good about the mid-long range, hope to score another WSW event or two.

Archived