• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

I gotta say....tracking this storm has been a roller coaster (more so than usual).  The evolution has changed from what we were looking at a few days ago (UKIE winner on that front for sniffing it out first).  Really a lesson in not giving up on a storm especially when the OPs are flopping all over (and no consensus on ensembles too).  

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it'll be interesting to see if the north trend continues.  we have room for it.  i like seeing the precip as north as it is already.  that's often times a good sign for us.  reminds me of jan 2010 in a way.  if we get moderate snow with these temps it's gonna pile up quick.

I gotta say....tracking this storm has been a roller coaster (more so than usual). The evolution has changed from what we were looking at a few days ago (UKIE winner on that front for sniffing it out first). Really a lesson in not giving up on a storm especially when the OPs are flopping all over (and no consensus on ensembles too).

Its been so bad that When the euro and gfs swapped roles yesterday I wasn't even surprised...

I am so elated to be SOUTH of DC. 

I can't tell you all how much I suffered this winter when we got a couple of northern stream setups that delivered more snow north. 

I am very elated that folks up north got more snow, that IS their climo, but dustings DO get old after a couple of months of winter.

It's going to be bone chilling COLD throughout the storm. South is a wonderful place to be for this. If DC gets great totals, so shall I. I will not have to settle for a cartop coating this time. :)

I've got a fairly good chance of getting 4 inches of snow!!!! I am  PUMPED!!!

I KNEW we got this once I saw Bob Chill's FACE lol

and when 10 inches are 40 miles south of you... that hurts... do not get me wrong... I will be happy with my 3-6... but I always want to be the jackpot.

It has become patently obvious this event that the N-MD crew enjoys snow a lot less when they aren't jackpotting...you all definitely win the most entitled award..I guess 60"+ last winter will do that to you :)

I could not be happier with trends. Give me at least 3 inches enough to cover the ground and it's a win. I hope downtown Baltimore gets crushed. I am leaning on the Euro Uk blend and hoping for 6. If that verifies that will be the largest snow of the season and a day off from work in town.

Archived