• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

Is that his forecast? He's a solid forecaster so if he's going low, that's bad news IMO

ETA: just saw his tweet. 2-4" north of the city. Looks reasonable to me.

I like his forecast. It's very reasonable however I don't like how they us the RPM as their futurecast. Then their amounts don't match the futurecast in motion. Tony Pann had 4-5 north of town earlier then Tom T adjusted this evening. Looks like a very solid forecast to me. Btw Tom T has been very conservative all year more so than usual and it has worked out well.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like his forecast. It's very reasonable however I don't like how they us the RPM as their futurecast. Then their amounts don't match the futurecast in motion. Tony Pann had 4-5 north of town earlier then Tom T adjusted this evening. Looks like a very solid forecast to me. Btw Tom T has been very conservative all year more so than usual and it has worked out well.

Actually let me say I really like his forecast for up here but I think he is way too low for Columbia, Catonsville etc.

No that's ok but 2 inches around the beltway looks low. Maybe you didn't see his map with specific amounts in the area and he had a lot of 2's in areas that probably should have been 4-5.

Yeah those numbers are too low... I thought they were just a single model simulation

i'm starting to question the 8-10" predictions. precip is a bit too spotty for that imo, but will see what happens later. maybe we get some redevelopment/banding for a couple hours. at this point, i don't care. whatever falls will fall.

We'll see, wasn't modeled to be very heavy at this point yet. I though that 12-4 am was our money period.

We'll see, wasn't modeled to be very heavy at this point yet. I though that 12-4 am was our money period.

it's early, that's why i'm not bailing, but pointing out that it has been a little underwhelming so far.  my expectations actually were not as high as others, so i'm pretty ok with whatever falls whether it's 2" or 6".

Archived