Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the windiest snowstorm I've seen in my lifetime here.... by a long shot.

I work at Xerium in Middletown; I'm sure you've driven past it on I-81 a hundred times. The ENE wind scoured the ground on the front of the building (facing 81) to the bare grass and drifted the snow to the roof line. All the windows and the entrance doors on that side of the building were buried under 8 feet of snow (above the tops of said doors and windows. I wish I had pictures of that; it was an incredible sight.

In SWVA the primary wind was northerly. I lived in an apartment building on the second floor. The building was designed with an inset in the middle of the building that extended all the way up the building. I could look out a window in the hall and look down on the roof that covered the entrance to the building. The snow drifted up on to that roof, at least 10-12 feet off the ground. We could only exit the building on the end, where the wind had scoured the snow away.

Dynamic storms with thundersnow and wind are more thrilling to me than just about anything else... and it seems like March 1993 had it all.

I was a toddler at the time so I have no memory of it, but to see something like that again would be meteorologically amazing.

I lived in the northern Syracuse burbs for that one. Had a total of about 43/44 officially. About 30 or so was synoptic from the precipitation stream. The last 10 or do was lake enhanced. I lived in a ground floor apt. We never saw natural sunlight until mid April as the snow drifted over 12 feet high against the building.

I lived in the northern Syracuse burbs for that one. Had a total of about 43/44 officially. About 30 or so was synoptic from the precipitation stream. The last 10 or do was lake enhanced. I lived in a ground floor apt. We never saw natural sunlight until mid April as the snow drifted over 12 feet high against the building.

Lucky you. I have been trapped here in the tropics since 1967. Before that, I was trapped in southern Cal.

The meteorological cards have been stacked solidly against me all my life. I was born into warmth, and I will die in warmth.

I was never ever meant to be in snow country. The Suck loves me. Its sort of like playin blackjack and the dealer always comes up 21 and I lose. I guess you could say I'm a professional loser lmao

Just noticed that the SNE only got 10 inches in the Superstorm, but the reason I am not laughing right now is because SNE is going to make up for that in spades THIS winter. They will easily top 200 inches by late May, maybe even more. Every storm from now on thru June 1 is going to bullseye them with snow. They will be dancing in their snowy streets for days and days and days. Typhoon Tip will be so jacked up that he will be posting breathtaking opuses about New England blizzards at least twice a week.

In laws are moving to Delaware at the end of the month. They visited today with stuff for my Wife. Among the boxes they brought was a box of food from their pantry that had a bottle of BBQ sauce with a 2009 exp date. If anyone wants to grill tomorrow let me know. I've got some sauce that'll mess you up.

Archived