Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ours had a double ear infection and croup last week. Wife then got sick and now I'm beginning to come down with something.

Oh man, your poor kid. Poor you guys! Croup was bad enough, couldn't imagine a double ear infection on top of it.

Nice thing to come out of this stomach bug is the kid now knows how to throw up in a bucket instead of her bed. Haha

The stomach flu is the worst. I hope one day I become immune to all the germs my kid brings home from daycare. Ugh.

I had the stomach bug last Thursday and then got food poisoning from my dinner on Sunday night :axe:  Today's the 1st day I've felt good in about a week.  Now my wife's feeling queasy.  

I hope it happens. By the way, I saw this story yesterday and immediately thought of you ;)

http://www.nbcnews.com/pages/weathermen

I saw that!  Awesome article.  I knew some grey beret's and knew of one of the guys who got interviewed (Maj Sawtelle).  

My kid starts daycare in two weeks.  You guys aren't helping.

that which does not kill you makes you stronger.  Or something to that effect.

It's either gonna happen at daycare or when they get to school age.  Parenting is fun.  I'm waiting for the day they come home with dengue fever or zombieitis

The stomach flu is the worst. I hope one day I become immune to all the germs my kid brings home from daycare. Ugh.

Ugh...I can relate!  With our daughter (she's 11 now)...been there, done that, have the puke-stained T-shirt to prove it :lmao:  I can recall the spiking fevers and her not being able to hold anything down (including that Pedialyte stuff) when she was very young.  And the hospital visits late at night, once she got so dehydrated they had to give her an IV.  

She had strep throat a few times to the point they recommended having her tonsils out 5 years ago, which did help.  However, she got it again back this past November along with the attendant fever, and missed 4 days of school.  At least she could keep up with the homework, the teachers were cool with sending stuff via e-mail so she wouldn't fall behind.

I'm not sure if The Panic Room/Chamber of Despair/TBD name is an all time thread, but it has been a good one so far :lol:

If we fail next week (which I am not hoping for) I expect to see 1) full capitulation or 2) chasing of more unicorns with more intensity and desperation

If that one fails, I'll root hard for a Miller A, Mid-Atlantic HECS that's got full consensus among the globals from 240 until 60 hours when it turns into a SNE Miller B blizzard.

Archived