joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats it for me - band just pivoted NE. Three quarters of an inch. Not bad. I was hoping it would last til 2am like the NWS promised - but beggars like me just can't be choosers. I caught a couple of scraps and now I look forward to another proper soaker on Thursday night to wash off all the gunk on my car again lol. NWS needs to get a clue about these advisories, no way this is going to keep up until 10am on Tuesday. If we get accumulating snow  in mid morning Tuesday in Dale City, I'm the President of Mach Ten lol. It wont happen. It'll be sunny and 40 degrees.

I'd give both my eye teeth to spend a week in Boston, starting at midnight. Damn! All that snow! Storm of a Lifetime!

Got the below snippet from the NYC Forum - ouch.  Philly is worse though!  Might be winding down here with a big hole opening up over HoCo.  Nice little storm.

Bastardi:  "The GFS is the projected winner in NYC. The WRF that went ape at 18z has backed down. The GFS is in now and keeps the heavy snow east of the city.There has already been 3-6 inches in NYC, and it will likely be doubled when its done, but this is a great feather in the cap of the GFS"

Unpredictable and lengthy.

Now somethings flaring at mouth of the Ches. Bay.

Radar looks ragged but  3 miles west of no precip. are yellow returns.

I just brushed the fluffy snow off a car that sat all day.  very icey on the glass under that nice fluff. Go scrape it now and enjoy what is going on.

Been working...and sleeping. Just woke up to.......nada. lol. Euro is not God? In all seriousness, never bought into its high amounts on the SW side. Never happens in these events, All other models had 1-3 inches, and I did get a half inch or so this morning which really wasn't well modeled for here. Somewhat of a bust overall, huge bust for Euro. Wow just nothing happening over much of eastern PA and NJ.

If the gfs is truly better at coastals than the old one then upgrade is a huge improvement. Jury will be out for a while. At least all the bashing from weenies and certain pros can stfu until the next one.

I've been complaining about the Euro and saying it can be a real pos too

it's living on old times when the gfs and other models were much worse

and I, like most humans living on the surface of this planet, do not care about 500mb scores, rather about the weather on this earth

Just took a Jebwalk down the street. Best rippage of the day. Big flakes whipping down. Looked great in the streetlights. More wicked than those live shots of NYC, that's for sure. Only measured 0.5" though. And some glaze on the grass under the snow.

you still must live over by the labs in the dip...i've got at least 2 here

Archived