joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm any eastern Fairfax County obs of 3" or so.  Went to bed at around 10 because I had to be up stupidly early - didn't have quite an inch by that point, but it seems we got banded pretty good.

I was shocked when I got into Crystal City to see probably not even an inch on the ground here.

A frustrating storm to track. But somehow, having snow tv all morning makes it worth it. There's something wrong with me :P

Only picked up .5 but is still coming in lulls and bursts. In my opinion, this storms a win. I expected zero and wasn't shut out and got to watch some great radar yesterday. Now I get to lay in bed and watch the snow out my balcony doors.

I'm across the street from LGA and can confirm...although the wind is seriously howling...some fun drifts in spots

Enjoy your foot of snow :)

You went after all, I am glad you did!

Post pictures or it never happened lol

I got about 1.2 inches, I was expecting a coating. Great storm after all!

You were in a good spot.. I was just on the eastern fringe of the more persistent band... looks like 2.5 here ( eyeball)

A good spot is Boston. Just got a report from a co-worker that at 8am, the JFK Federal Building had just measured 21" and it was still pouring snow.  Nice!

Just crazy for NYC and Philly. On one hand, the fact we missed out and they did too, though I guess you could argue NYC still did ok, makes me happy because we are all in the same boat. On the other hand, I feel bad considering the forecast was for a historical snowfall and they got so little. I know I would have lost it if I was in their shoes. Then again, the same thing happened to places in NJ and even western Connecticut and Mass. We probably got as much as Philly. NYC would have done really poorly if not for that rogue band out ahead of the storm early in the day giving them a solid snowfall.

Just under 4 inches here so I will go with 3.75"... the banding last night performed well here, I got roughly 1.25" in the Monday morning/early afternoon snowfall and backend 2.50" from early evening when the pivot bands developed into this morning.  NIce little long event.

A good spot is Boston. Just got a report from a co-worker that at 8am, the JFK Federal Building had just measured 21" and it was still pouring snow.  Nice!

coworker who lives/works in our Boston office sent me pics of their two feet of snow. 

Not sure about that 4.5" for Germantown -- I measured 3"

...MONTGOMERY COUNTY...
   GERMANTOWN             4.5   352 AM  1/27  BROADCAST MEDIA
   1 ESE NORBECK          2.6   700 AM  1/27  TRAINED SPOTTER
   1 SSW WHITE OAK        2.0   546 AM  1/27  TRAINED SPOTTER
   SSW POOLESVILLE        1.8   142 AM  1/27  TRAINED SPOTTER
   1 NE WHITE OAK         1.6  1200 AM  1/27  TRAINED SPOTTER

Not sure about that 4.5" for Germantown -- I measured 3"

...MONTGOMERY COUNTY...

GERMANTOWN             4.5   352 AM  1/27  BROADCAST MEDIA

1 ESE NORBECK          2.6   700 AM  1/27  TRAINED SPOTTER

1 SSW WHITE OAK        2.0   546 AM  1/27  TRAINED SPOTTER