• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

Had a decent accretion of ice even in downtown Worcester. I'll take the cold rains and showers of the next few days over the warm weather originally predicted. Would prefer snow and cold as would many others here, but I find warm days this time of year tiresome. With all the lights up and general cheer in the air, dark, chilly, damp days aren't so bad.

Just starting to rise above freezing. I wonder if it breaks 40F here after all.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ran home to grab some lunch and it's coming down out there, a half inch or so including the early morning flurries. It's already sticking on the roads and boy are they greasy. Who knows how long we hold snow so going to enjoy it while it's here.

Temps:

3600ft...26F

2600ft...31-32F

1500ft...29F

750ft...30F

Mountain...

Town...

And the backyard...

We've had light precip here in Augusta since noon, mainly -ZR with very minor accretion, temp in upper 20s.  I thought I saw a handful of white things go by just before noon, but none since.  Salt spreaders working on the sidewalks.  Augusta is forecast for high-end advisory snowfall, but unless some heavier precip can get frozen stuff to the ground, it might be all ZR/IP here.  Southern Franklin is progged for 10-14", a bit odd as the zones to east and west have 6-10" forecast.  Given the "progress" so far, I wonder if even the lowest number verifies, or whether we're just to the wrong side of that razor's edge.

Edit:  Conditions aren't too nice, I guess.

This is an important Instant Alert message from the Building Control Center – State of Maine.

Please be advised; Due to current weather conditions the roadways and walkways are becoming very slippery. Currently grounds crews are sanding and salting. Please be patient with the grounds crews as they will get to your location as soon as they can if they haven't already done so. Please advise your staff as you see necessary to use caution and take their time as they maneuver around the complex. Thank you.

I guess we are now-casting at this point, so it may as well go here...

I think the models are coming into better agreement on a 2nd wave developing some 300 mi E of the Del Marva and then "hooking" NW into NH tomorrow. This should bring another burst of QPF.  I am not convinced that we won't see a flip to snow from W-E through that column... May end as flurries in Boston, but accumulating in the Berk, type of deal. 

Archived