joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold must be getting fairly shallow now...you can see most of the sub-30F readings have banked up against the spine of the ORH hills and to the west of them they are several degrees warmer now...you'd then have to go further west into the CT River Valley to get them again where they are trapped.

Dec9_2014_8am_Temps.png

Cold must be getting fairly shallow now...you can see most of the sub-30F readings have banked up against the spine of the ORH hills and to the west of them they are several degrees warmer now...you'd then have to go further west into the CT River Valley to get them again where they are trapped.

Dec9_2014_8am_Temps.png

Yeah, my car themometer read 31 in Lowell arond 30 minutes ago. Also the precip was more active (ZR) which perhaps indicates that the CF had finally moved through.

Tradeoffs. Shadowing and downsloping vs. CAD and retention. in the end I'd probably still rather be in Kevin's position .I hate storms where he gets 22 and I get 8 like that early March storm a couple years ago.

you got 8??? i was lucky to get 3!! see it gets worse just a few miles north in the heart of dv... 31 frz rn

Tradeoffs. Shadowing and downsloping vs. CAD and retention. in the end I'd probably still rather be in Kevin's position .I hate storms where he gets 22 and I get 8 like that early March storm a couple years ago.

Lol....I got 18 from that storm....as did most of the Boston area despite BOS low measurement of 13-14.

you got 8??? i was lucky to get 3!! see it gets worse just a few miles north in the heart of dv... 31 frz rn

yes I was working in Springfield that day

it was definitely a sharp cut off from like 3 in downtown Springfield to about 5 in Longmeadow to close to 8 by the time I got to my home. it was definitely a north-south gradient of that storm as well as elevation

the temperature rise seems to have slowed, I'm looking at observations from my phone in the last 20 minutes have been pretty steady with even a slight drop in the Northeast Connecticut hills

It's all about the flow.

It's been happening for over an hour:

BDL up to 34° now.   My temp has actually gone down a degree after rising to 36.

Temp continues to drop ..34.7  kind of strange..maybe as low is deepening or something  or winds have gone more NE instead of e

Archived