joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always a bummer to be so close to a big storm and wind up essentially with meh after some wintry stuff on the front end.  Looks like they're calling for 1-3" in western Franklin.  That's less than I had thought yesterday afternoon.

Temps steadily climbing out there.

25.4/25 up from a midnight low of 21.0

It's 32 here..so we're close to being out of the woods..but last night when that freezing drizzle started you got the feeling many towns would be in trouble. This was one of those deals with the road surfaces so cold..they should have pre treated..Usually that's a waste..but in this instance it wouldn't have been

It's actually 33° here...I see lower numbers in the valley.

I disagree about the pre-treating though.  It buys time before the crews can get out there, especially on bridges.  It makes a world of difference in those crucial minutes.

It's always a bummer to be so close to a big storm and wind up essentially with meh after some wintry stuff on the front end. Looks like they're calling for 1-3" in western Franklin. That's less than I had thought yesterday afternoon.

Temps steadily climbing out there.

25.4/25 up from a midnight low of 21.0

Don't worry too much. According to eric (Dryslot) I'm the MPM of maine. Guess i need to relax more. The weather will do what it will do. At least i'm in good company. Lol.

Archived