Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWT. Jesus.

Several times I would be coming up Merrow road and just see the flashing lights and the highway backed up and just I just keep going straight up 74 and cut over to 30. Hills, Curvy, poor sight lines and a climate transition zone is not a good combination.. Its not as dramatic as the elevation rise west of the valley going out to the Berkshires but in this area its definitely a weanie spot for some bad weather.

Yeah I always hedge toward more snow growth when soundings like BUFKIT try and show FZDZ with a -5C or -6C saturated layer...along the coast that is more than enough for flakes.

Yeah I thought maybe more -SN and snow grains along and NW of the CF, but sounds like legit flakes are falling. It's also a little further east than mesos showed...lol.

24 degrees, light snow continues. Street is totally covered in a fine sheet of snow now, throw a little drizzle on top of that and I've got an ice rink. I've got a family member who needs to get out on the road at 5am, wonder if it'll be plain rain by then. Could be an unpleasant drive if not.

Temps are making the slow march upward within 5 miles of coast now.

I would guess you'll be above freezing in 3-5 hours.

Beverly cove and Salem Harbor (as far Se in those towns as you can get) are both 30 and climbing now.

Archived