Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOS has a 350 wind direction right now with a high pressure in Nova Scotia...that's pretty impressive. Talk about ageostrophic flow.

Awesome. I think sometimes there's a bit of a push towards the water with such cold air over land vs milder air over sea. The opposite of the seabreeze in the summer. Just one of a few things helping to drive the cold down the coast.

Awesome. I think sometimes there's a bit of a push towards the water with such cold air over land vs milder air over sea. The opposite of the seabreeze in the summer. Just one of a few things helping to drive the cold down the coast.

Yeah the dense cold dome vs the lower pressure of the warmer marine air.

So what the hell is going to happen here? Seems like below freezing well into the morning hours..

So what the hell is going to happen here? Seems like below freezing well into the morning hours..

I find it hard to think 128 belt is above 32 by morning. I bet it's a slow combo of winds veering slightly to more NE and top down warming that tries to get that area to like 35F. Don't forget pressure falls are going to want to keep the cold oozing SW too. 

24 here with an occasional flake or 2. far north western Connecticut near the mass border has yet to hit 20 in spots above 1000.

I just hit 20 high was 23 today, dropped to 19, now rising and still mood flakes.. Me thinks commute nightmare tomorrow morning. Gonna be tough to get this cold out until daylight hours

Archived