Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 12-13 Winter Storm Observations Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left NYC at 10:30 this morning. Dry until jimmy peak, ma when it started raining at 36f. Rain and steady temps up through Manchester, vt. North of there, sleeting and temp dropped to around 30f. When I got to Rutland it was all snow, but judging from what was packed on the roadway, they must have had sleet beforehand.

Drive wasn't that bad. Route 100 was snow covered but not terrible. Pulled into warren at 4:15. About 6-8" otg as of an hour ago and dumping. 20f.

Btw-2 tractor trailers off the road by the grey bonnet in killington.

Just measured 4", with a bit under 1" in the 45 minutes since I got home - commute took nearly twice the usual 45 but no real excitement.  Snow has backed off some from the <1/4 mile vis as I covered the final 10 miles.  Radar shows that AUG got pounded shortly after I headed north - 45 dbz - but we've been accumulating nicely at 20-25.  Temp 31, trees loading up, so I brought the crank flashlight in from the truck just in case.

Snow picking up again, right on the edge between mod/hvy.  S.Franklin forecast remains at 18-24", though the SE corner (where I live) is barely over into the 14-18" color.  Either one would be fine.  ;)

Killington still snow per the Bear Mountain Web cam.  Does it look like they'll remain all snow?

43F here after an afternoon high of 53F.  It was really interesting to feel the microclimate effects during my midday bike ride.  There's still a lot of snow in sheltered areas.  I could feel the temp drop 10-15 in places where the wind was oozing off the snowpack.

Headed to Mad River Glen on Friday, then probably Killington for Sun/Mon.

Killington still snow per the Bear Mountain Web cam.  Does it look like they'll remain all snow?

43F here after an afternoon high of 53F.  It was really interesting to feel the microclimate effects during my midday bike ride.  There's still a lot of snow in sheltered areas.  I could feel the temp drop 10-15 in places where the wind was oozing off the snowpack.

Headed to Mad River Glen on Friday, then probably Killington for Sun/Mon.

Cantore has snow in his live shot now. Already 11" at his stake. 

Nothing but rain here. Currently 37.6° F and dropping slowly.

I'm expecting that there could be 1-3" of wrap around and upslope stuff later tonight and tomorrow morning for the west slope of the Berkshires/Greens and Taconics along with a flash freeze. There could be some locally higher amounts in some of the favored spots like Woodford and the Rensselaer Plateau.

Archived