joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12-13 Winter Storm Observations Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cold is going to come due south into central MA and then from almost a NNE direction from Maine into NE MA after 5-6z. Once it spills over into the lower elevations from the mtns of Maine and NH..it's going to move south fairly quickly. I

Going to be an interesting 6am drive to lift in the AM me thinks. Could be treacherous if some of meso models are right. 

Hope Kevin is sleeping.

Snowpack-destroying dewpoints for him....Ryan's pad in HFD is like 8-10F colder. :lol:

It is almost evil for Kevin how the warm sector is engulfing Tolland but just NW of him it is in the 30s...like basically on the other side of the hills there.

Snowpack-destroying dewpoints for him....Ryan's pad in HFD is like 8-10F colder. :lol:

It is almost evil for Kevin how the warm sector is engulfing Tolland but just NW of him it is in the 30s...like basically on the other side of the hills there.

I'm just staring at my 37/37 and smiling 

Measured (or tried to - lots of drifting) 9.0" at 9 PM, making 6.0" since I got home from work at 4:50.  Porch stairs had closer to 15 as it was blowing off the roof.  LE was 1.27" (core was 1.25" and pail was 1.29" so I averaged.)  My wife said it rained for a couple hours late morning after starting as light snow, was back to light snow by noon.  Temp fell from 30 to the day's low (and tomorrow's cheap high) of 22 between 7:45 and 9 PM, as winds got stronger, with gusts into the 30s.  Had to shake off the lilac branches, and toss one that broke, in order to access the thermometer.  Upstream radar would seem to indicate that the heavy stuff has only a few hours left, though the back edge isn't advancing all that quickly.

Archived