wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 2-3 Disco, Part III

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said the run was good? Who said I liked it? That's not the point. We all know you're just trolling because you're going to miss it, but I'm talking about those here who saw this EXACT thing happen last night in the NAM and it was an outlier. Can't people even wait for some other guidance before hand wringing?

Lol I'm trolling? I was up for euro and 6z nam last night . Why would I want my backyard to see minimum snow? I would of posted the same thing regardless of where I am. Is it an outlier? Thankfully yes but the run is an abortion for mby

there's always 1 model that that looks crappy vs. consensus with every decent storm

last event it was the GFS, this time the NAM

no big deal

It doesn't really look crappy. People focus on their back yards, and interpret a model as such. The models are overall in very good agreement. There are always differences in qpf, wrt placement and amounts, and timing. The panic stricken need to just not post, or take a valium.

People need to check their expectations. 6-10 area wide. Don't expect some BS total and you won't find this so difficult.

For realz.  Either check out the latest SREF to soothe themselves or just go do something else.  FYI, a high res mesoscale model WILL have run-to-run 20-mile shifts that low-res globals won't necessarily.  Do not take one run of one model as verbatim fact.  As Isohume said in another thread...every model is wrong all the time.

Right on schedule.

No kidding...you can set your watch by it!!

Now I will say, the NAM is disconcerting, but at the same time a big "WTF" from run-to-run (e.g., comparing 06Z to the current 12Z).  It still is pretty darned good, perhaps can be used as somewhat of a lower bound or something like that.  If you look at 06Z vs. 12Z, the 0.50" QPF line is more or less in the same place in southern PA.  It's the amounts (and gradient) to the south of there that are fluctuating, as best as I can tell.

I'd think at this point 6-12" is a good range area-wide, which is more or less in line with what LWX is saying.

For cliff divers over the NAM..

DT says "DOWNTOWN DC WILL SEE 12 "+"

Not everyone ho reads this thread is from DC. I for one am cliff diving for my area. Extreme northeast Maryland. No I never expected over a foot but even 6 seems like a stretch now. Yes I do live and die with every model run.

That was close...

Wait a minute -- I thought the NAM was a disaster until I saw that map.  Yeah the heaviest is south of DC but it's still a nice hit for much of the area.  Also, regarding that "snow hole" in northern MD -- like THAT is going to happen along Pars Ridge LOL.

Exactly, it's not a bad map.  Area wide the DC metro area is somewhat over 6" (kind of hard to see exactly with the color shading).

Fully expecting a dusting as always. Either way day off from the daily grind is a lock.

I never said anything about a dusting...Just saying if I was near PA line and expecting 6" or more Id be a little :yikes: ..Its fully possible that 4-6" is more plausible there than 6-10.

Good advice would be just to let the chips fall now. We're definitely getting snowed on and pretty decently no matter what. Narrow max storms bounce all the way to onset. Blend of all guidance is rock solid.

Yep, take a blend and you get a great storm and crashing temps. Not much to complain about.

Archived