• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 2-3 Disco, Part III

stormtracker

The Euro has been remarkably consistent with this event. The area of heaviest snow has basically been the same since 12z Friday. Latest runs have somewhat higher amounts. Not surprising the forecasts are being generated with Euro being given a lot of weight. Just look at the forecasted snow totals and the location...matches the euro almost exactly, just toned down a bit.

It has been for a few days. But remember it was way north for a while too. The gfs had us in a winter storm first, even if it was an ice storm mainly.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been a remarkable shift south in the guidance over the past few days, no doubt about that.

Which is why some folks who were doing naked high fives and comparing this to PD II while being 96 hrs out, look foolish right now. I'll let you guess what subforum that was.

I might tone down 10-14 a bit, but should be a good storm. Maybe a real narrow area gets close to that.

It's pretty unusual for LWX to go so aggressive on totals at the outset....they typically go with low end warning criteria and then boost as needed.

I think this sets up a scenarios where people will complain and criticize LWX if their backyard is not in the heaviest bands and don't reach these numbers.

It's pretty unusual for LWX to go so aggressive on totals at the outset....they typically go with low end warning criteria and then boost as needed.

I think this sets up a scenarios where people will complain and criticize LWX if their backyard is not in the heaviest bands and don't reach these numbers.

Yeah, it is weird. I am in that 10-14" but I'm expecting 6-10". The general public probably could not even locate where they live on a map.

I think Euro's 12"+ total is a bit outlier now. I remember people talking about Euro being too amped so I wouldn't solely rely on its solution now.

I'm not expecting more than 6" for now, but it's in line with the RGEM/GGEM and UKMET QPF-wise. The GFS and NAM are more suppressed with the shield.

I feel like we've been down this route before.

12z NAM looks very similar to the 0z NAM last night.  1" line to DC.  I'll take the Euro/RGEM/GFS blend over the NAM any day.

The NAM and Canadian models are "mentioned" in the model/forecast discussions. The forecast for this event is based on a Euro/GFS blend.

Archived