wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It got further west I think and it's stronger.  HRRR wasn't far enough west...although I'll say this these guys always say the heaviest band ends up NW of where we'd normally think and that's pretty much what happened today. 

NAM had it crushing down here right now, and it's sucking wind as we're spinning dry pockets in circles.  Euro...lol even the new Euro is struggling with CT/LI.  The NAM got crapped on for days....was pretty lousy until this time last night and then it looks like it did better than most.

Anyway, the game changed down here when we lost the stall south/se of the cape and it became e and now the new 0z Euro for 12z Saturday is another touch NNE, good for Maine and ski country, bad for the Cape. 

Great storm, just would have been happier MBY with the Euro of a day or so ago but then again I've lived through 78/97/05 and I'm glad Ryan and others are getting their turn.

Yea...in my mind, the book has been written...anything on the backside will be transient.

Great event, but frustrating that the truly epic totals will end up unexpectedly west.

Well, it's been great fun, but time to sign off and get some sleep, lots of shoveling to do tomorrow! Final report is probably 16" here IMBY, mostly SN+occasionally SN when it calms down for a few minutes. SN+ right now, and according to radar should continue for a while longer. Not really sure how much is IMBY, all I know is it's atleast 12", and I think 16" is pretty close, but really have no idea. 50-50 that I end up with 20"+, but either way it's amazing. Be safe everyone, don't do anything silly outside, and most of all ENJOY THE SNOW!!! :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing: :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:  

-skisheep

It's a bit heartbreaking to see the yellow pixels start to wash out now that they are so near. 

I left my cam on and opened the aperture all the way up. You can still see the lights at the Weirs so the snow is light to moderate.

attachicon.gifhttp://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=88726'>webcam.jpg

The leading edge of it is here now. Heaviest snow yet. This is the way I like the bands. They take their time getting up here, crawl, and then die overhead. I'd like it NW about another 10 miles though because of these N winds.

Wow man, thanks. Long time. You still upstate NY?

Yep, between SYR and Oswego!  Living the Lake Effect life (90" and counting so far, 7" this storm).  Living vicariously thru you all on this storm (and previous storms).  Lived in SE CT for 20 yrs and the only gdam decent snowstorm we got was 1996 (along w/ that winter in gen'l).  The rest of it was trash.  

No it is not!  not even close....  Tide attribute destruction and spatial coverage of 25+ " snow totals not nearly of that tier...   But we have a ways to go -

How crazy is the wind out over eastern MA? Gusts over hurricane force at this point? We dealt with that for Sandy, but can't imagine what that would do with snow added onto it plus spring tides.

Archived