Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dropped down to SN here for a short time, still SN and radar should send us back to SN+ shortly.

New upton obs just came out, according to all reported obs, Hamden, CT is the jackpot in Upton's zone with 26" as of 11 PM, they could be well over 30" by now. Would not be suprised to see some 40" numbers when all's said and done. Jackpot on LI is Upton with 22.4 so far. Probably about 16" OTG here.

-skisheep

I have 15" tops....meh

You got into that dry patch for awhile earlier.   I think you make up for some lost time.....  I mean if everyone already has 20+  you guys are going to get another 10+ easily. 

I can't measure..but we've been in good banding since this aftn. I have 4' drifts in my drive way and the streat has that cars buried look that classic BOS storms have. Conservatively 18.

Cool.  Makes sense, to your SW has 15-20 too.  That should set you up for 30+ anyway.   One more dry pocket to rotate through.  Taking this thing forever down here.

I "could" measure but we aren't going to have power for days and there isn't a light that I can see on from here to Barnstable.  So....heat conservation time.

Dropped down to SN here for a short time, still SN and radar should send us back to SN+ shortly.

New upton obs just came out, according to all reported obs, Hamden, CT is the jackpot in Upton's zone with 26" as of 11 PM, they could be well over 30" by now. Would not be suprised to see some 40" numbers when all's said and done. Jackpot on LI is Upton with 22.4 so far. Probably about 16" OTG here.

-skisheep

Hamden is certain in the right spot to potentially be the current jackpot.

Best snow of the night here. Finally heavy real flakes. Not of that crushed crud.

12.5" or thereabout

Some of the best all around conditions I've experienced in a snowstorm between the cold temps, wind, and snow rates.  I went to shovel a bit and the depth ranged from 10.5"-22.5"  Going to get a more official measurement and enjoy the storm! 

Archived