wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny part is you will wish you woul dhave stayed in Storrs for this one.

yeah, but I don't think the discrepancy will be that large.  Have you seen the radar over me?  It's snowing at least 3"/hr and intensifying, and it does not look like it wants to go anywhere.  I might get 24" here while they get 30+ lol.  Win/Win

Don;t try to rationalize with Ray right now...if you have experienced storms with him back to '07...this is always the phase where he melts down and then after that he catches up to everyone since he lives in NE MA and is the last one to see heavy snow end.

Much like we think about March 1888, one day our great great great grandchildren will wonder what it was like to live through the Blizzard of 2013. Truely epic night for CT. Remember 48-60 hours ago when the NAM started spitting out 3-4" of QPF and we all thought to ourselves..."if only"?

Was just thinking about that, and that other model that had 65" and 8"/hour rates... It's just astounding how close those crazy progs are to actually verifying.

For those asking about '78 and how this compares, I'd say in HVN we have a ways to go before we overtake '78, but it ain't over by a long shot so maybe there's still a chance.  I was in the downtown area for both storms, so I can do the direct comparison. I never thought I would ever see anything like that again, '78 was truly once in a lifetime... But this is epic, no doubt, and it continues, so... Ask me again in the morning. 

Was just thinking about that, and that other model that had 65" and 8"/hour rates... It's just astounding how close those crazy progs are to actually verifying.

For those asking about '78 and how this compares, I'd say in HVN we have a ways to go before we overtake '78, but it ain't over by a long shot so maybe there's still a chance.  I was in the downtown area for both storms, so I can do the direct comparison. I never thought I would ever see anything like that again, '78 was truly once in a lifetime... But this is epic, no doubt, and it continues, so... Ask me again in the morning. 

How much snow fell in 78 in HVN?

Governor of Connecticut to police, firefighters, and ambulances: STAY OFF THE ROADS.   And the dystopia continues.

ambulances and fire fighters to stay off roads?  I doubt that - you can have potentially life threatening situations, and DEFINITE life ending scenarios.  That's not likely

Archived