northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the TWC would tell us more of what's happening in Connecticut (or anywhere outside Mass.).  

Thank goodness for this site.

No, TWC is as good with weather as the Discovery Channel is with science in general, as was its original purpose.  It's all drama now.  There is no material.  But maybe that's because most couldn't care less. Maybe TWC thought Boston was where the real storm would happen???

Hey the other guy may be high. A deck or patio next to a house is a BAD spot to measure. Heck I got 3 feet from roof blow off next to the house.

Certainly possible but Ryan was estimating about 20'' here as well.  

I'm going to take a walk up the road in 52 minutes b/c I may be able to get a better spot.  Last time I did was was Jan 12th and I almost got hit by a plow.  

I must be getting 2-3"+ an hour right now.  This is nuts, and this band is intensifying right over my head and probably will not move for HOURS.  WOW.

chris i saw this , i'm pump'd for you man.  insane band there. i  didn't think in a million years it would juice up like that by you (at least not when i saw radar cple hrs ago) 

And yet, KBOS still reporting 3/4 mile visibility. Only one obs of 1/4 mile the whole event so far, even with winds gusting over 50 mph, heavy snow and temps near 20F. Try explaining that this thing doesn't meet blizzard criteria according to KBOS obs. Strange.

KBOS 090454Z 01026G42KT 3/4SM R04R/2200V3500FT -SN OVC003 M06/M07 A2958 RMK AO2 PK WND 01044/0410 SFC VIS 9 VIS 1/2 E SLP015 P0003 T10611072 400111067 $

It's wrong. I live on BOS. Epic.

Archived