12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just sitting here laughing looking at the KOKX radar on GR3 at this point. Absurd. Eyeballing about 2.5-3" over the last hour.

Unreal, CT/LI just getting smashed again.

I'm not sure the low stalled...looks like it slowed for a bit and is moving right along.

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=ir&size=large&endDate=20130209&endTime=-1&duration=4

10"+ with blinding snow right now. You can see a band pivoting from the Monadnocks inot N. Franklin Co. You must be similar?

Yeah, got several measurements between 10" and 11", but really hard to tell with the way it is drufting. My deck is down to the decking in 1 spot, 2-3 feet in another 6 feet away.

Driveway looks fairly even

Golly!! Haha jealous right now although seeing that does make me feel good about January 2011 when I was still up there and all of Northern New Haven County got 2ft and over. Good luck with everything this is awesome to see!

Geez, get locked in reading and surfing. Just now looked outside after a couple of hours and my truck in the driveway has disappeared, stockage fence in the backyard has a 5' drift. I'm going to just do the 10 measures, average sometime tomorrow after it be fit to see more than 10 feet.  Oh-oh power just flickered, over 500,000 and still rising.  

Over 20" here I'm guesstimating.

I'm in awe.

I walked on the main road (New Britain Ave) for about a 1/4 mile home form work before a plow guy picked me up and drove me the next 1/2 mile. The drifts are unreal. Cars strewn everywhere. 

This ranks up there with October snowstorm. 

Archived