EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats strange, you seem to be under the same 25 dbz echoes as I am, yet you seem to be snowing at much higher rates, unless i'm running up those totals and can't tell from inside? If I had to guess i'm at about 1" per hour, maybe 1.5" tt this point everythings covered in white, and really no way to know how deep anymore.

What time is this all supposed to come to an end? Will it still be snowing daybreak saturday?

-skisheep

you were in that lull for hours:(  I will keep posting pics!  EPIC

Pilgrim nuke plant lost outside power...oops

That's not good. Hope the generators work

Thunder snow in Plymouth

MA?  Hopefully that wasn't the nuke plant glowing.  I haven't seen any flashes here.

Harvey upping totals

Not down here?

Snow rates have gone to sh*t, we're not gonna eclipse 15'' I think.

10 more than me!

OT but GFS has another storm day 5-6. Closed H5 in the same spot.

Just verified a blizzard in Ayer - thank god I still have power, but the house is groaning with gusts and when they come through ...visibility is 0, period.   unreal.  Blizzard definitely verified here! 3 hours + of 1/4 mile vis or less.  

Haven't done a measure recently but is 7.5" and hour and a half ago. 

Just measured 16" (1.1" new past hour) so the rate has come down but still decent.  Let's see if we can get another heavy band in here!

A tad more than that now here, it's drifting like crazy though.  I still can't believe the death band of snow around 9:30... close to 10 inches in 90 minutes.  Never seen snow fall like that, it looked like eggo waffles falling from the sky!

Worst ever for winds here guys.  It's laying waste to the power grid.  This is as bad as I've seen it, I do not recall another event that took out 90+ over such a large area.  I was trying to get a video and then we finally lost power here too. 

Going to be structural damage, roof damage etc.  Not good.

Epic...aside of the total lack of blizzard type snows so far on the Cape and nearby. :)

black on this is 90+ percent, Bourne had not yet updated, they just took a shot and lost a whole part of the town.

I totally lost it 5 times already.  (And power has been out an equal number of times.)  We have good back up here next to Wood Hole, USGS, and NWS.  Lots of inputs if we cut off somewhere.  But we're losing those links steadily.  The wrath of God has spoken in the winds.  Houses are  coming off of foundations faster than retirees drop coins in slot machines.  This is just awful down here.  God bless and keep you all.  

you were in that lull for hours:(  I will keep posting pics!  EPIC

Yup but making up for it now, some 30 dbz starting to tickle into stamford, SN+ right now, life is good! Waiting for NWS update, there is a spotter in Stamford who I think lives near me, and his amounts are usually accurate to within an inch here. Next total update should be 1ish right? Going to try to take a pic out the window and see how it comes out.

-skisheep

Archived