Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

Over 20" here I'm guesstimating.

I'm in awe.

I walked on the main road (New Britain Ave) for about a 1/4 mile home form work before a plow guy picked me up and drove me the next 1/2 mile. The drifts are unreal. Cars strewn everywhere. 

This ranks up there with October snowstorm. 

I measured 16'' (well avg) at 11:30.  So difficult to get a good measurement...drifts are insane. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pretty good snowstorm, epic for some in CT and NY.  CT is the place to be for these things now.

She's my neighbor almost.   Hopefully she's doing okay, this is the worst I've experienced here, if she's on the water side of 3a I'm betting she feels the same way.  Savage. 

3a bisects her subdivision. She lives on the non water side. But she is still less than a mile from the ocean

Unreal, CT/LI just getting smashed again.

I'm not sure the low stalled...looks like it slowed for a bit and is moving right along.

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=ir&size=large&endDate=20130209&endTime=-1&duration=4

Yeah, I think its still moving off to the NE its down to 976 mb

GINXY! i have no idea how much snow i have here. nothing like parts of CT (yet) i think they have over 2 feet , prolly some people near 28 or so inches by now. i'd guess 12 but i have no idea. after cf went thru hours ago the fluff has been blowing everywhere. i've been under some good returns from me about over to burlington and down to scooter and wetherfella for last cple hrs

Chris M i'm glad you getting that band man! really glad. it looks like some of the moisture from the band over Hudson valley kinda converg'd onto the original death band and let is spread it's wings over W ct. awesome. someone in ct sees 40 inches tonite . funny but prob true.

Last measurement i went out for was a little after 9pm and I had about a foot, at the rate it's been falling I'm guessing at least a few inches more by now. What do my fellow NE Mass people have?

no clue lol.

i know we don't have those big puffy deform dentrites thou. but scooter says it's piling up like boxing day, (he did well) so let's see in am. i'm not going out , the drifts make measuring silly for me.

How the heck are you guys measuring?! My driveway is half bare due to the wind. I might have 10" - or I might have 2". Who knows.

Lol at this point I have no idea anymore, going to wait til morning. One of my doors is snowed shut and the sliding door to the porch has snow 2 feet high against it, the drifts are insane.

Archived