wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one in CT is getting the winds we're getting now. Or the thick mud sludge snow. In terms of ballsiness, we're going through it...and like the troopers we are. So I never understand why it's just a snow-depth issue, other than a pissing contest. 2 feet of fluff really doesn't matter when you and I have farm animals and cinder blocks being launched into orbit over Atlantic waves crashing at 30 feet...during LOW tide. But if you don't live on the coast, maybe that doesn't matter...and the 24 inches of cotton candy does.

I'd be happy with just getting near what was forecast for once this winter I'm not greedy.

Euro/nam/gfs... None of them has this donut hole over the area for much of the night. Intracacies of major systems.

I've lived thru a bunch of huge storms inland. Nothing rivals the noise and power of something like this near the coast but I'd gladly have exchanged that for the 18" snow.

grinch what do you have.. my dad measured 33" in 3 spots and took pics.. i believe it hes been under that band for hours!!!

Good question....I can't get outside without a lot of work lol.  All doors are blocked about half way up them including the garage doors...let's hope I don't have a fire tonight!.  I'd guess at least upper 20's though...I'll get you a total in the morning

This wont rival '78 on the NESIS scale due to the lack of smow NYC anf SW.,,,but NE of them it will for totals in SNE.

I will say, these are probably the most brutal conditions that I have experienced.....though not the most snow.

1:30

17"..I think...tough to guage with drifting.

2" past hour?

15.0/13

WC 0

amazing conditions right now at the office in gray maine. words cannot describe it. Lightning now showing up in essex county mass.

Hi--  are you one of the NWS Gray meteorologists?   I was wondering, pls: will the snow that fell at KPWM on Friday from the coastal front be included as part of the grand total for the storm overall?  Or will Gray consider it 2 separate storm events?

Archived