wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar has been "filling in" since 10. One death band and lots of gaps in between.

You do realize the storm isn't over for you... that you will get a good deal more snow... from a dynamics/vorticity advection perspective, this storm has peaked, yes... but you have a long way to go.

I-95 Bridgeport Area

CCTV# 39 Fairfield SB Exit 19 - Mill Hill Rd.

This is why Malloy ordered trucks off the roads.  This douche will end up costing plows time and money.  Hope he gets a fat fine.

I somehow doubt a box truck was essential but who knows what he/she was hauling...

what a joke...

... Suffolk County... 

Chelsea 15.5 1129 PM 2/08 none 

Jamaica Plain 11.5 1029 PM 2/08 ham radio 

1 N East Boston 10.1 1200 am 2/09 Logan Airport 

Winthrop 10.1 1159 PM 2/08 none

Agreed. If Logan is reporting 10.1" as of midnight, then we can forget about setting a new record...

Was able to gather an average between 24-25''!!!!  Not bad.  So maybe 24.5'' here but not sure if I want to use my total to submit,.  

But holy crap what an epic journey!!!!  Can't wait to post the pics/videos.  I just realized the videos will be skinny again but oh well.  

I also couldn't get out of a snow bank...was about 4.5' high so I had to basically fall over and roll down it into the road.  

22.5" here.

radar not doing current snowfall justice here. pouring decent sized powder flakes with winds slackening a bit allowing better accumulation.

I-95 Bridgeport Area

CCTV# 39 Fairfield SB Exit 19 - Mill Hill Rd.

This is why Malloy ordered trucks off the roads.  This douche will end up costing plows time and money.  Hope he gets a fat fine.

The camera pans left and right.... There's jackknifed tractor-trailers and numerous cars and other trucks completely stranded there on one of the most heavily traveled interstates in the country!

what do u think the problem is?  too hard to measure in the rediculous wind?

We had the same problem in Oswego with LES.  Strong winds on the shore would blow some of the snow the actually fall into the city of Oswego and so the measurements would come out somewhat low.

It's a combo of wind and the guy who is the "offical" measure is from Winthrop..next town over.This is new as of last year.

You're on Long Island? How'd they do overall in terms of snow?

The mess with this is going to be the days/week without power. Bad situation for folks.

As far as this one vs 78. Heh.

If I get up near 10" I'll be happy that's what I expected. Like you I don't really care what falls elsewhere but enjoy following it.

Yikes that gust almost broke a window.

Northern Suffolk County which is about 30-40 miles away has about 18" more snow than I do (not exaggerating) because they never had the crazy sleet period we did, plus getting in on the banding CT and W MA has, lol. Still a very nice event out this way and down around NYC and still more to come. Hopefully the damage isn't too severe out your way-the snow can add a lot more damage to the wind you're experiencing I'm sure. Hopefully the duration of this will be short enough to keep the crazy tides at bay. With Sandy, you would be surprised at how much less damage occurred a few miles inland vs. the coast.

Archived