• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

I'm Literally on the NW Edge now of the Eye-like Feature on the Radar that started in Southern Central Rhode Island and is moving ENE.  

That's wrapping Everything around it.  This storm is Intensifying.  Just don't want that Main Death Band to Move too Quick!!!!  It's Intensifying.      

20".  Oh My.  20".  

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a combo of wind and the guy who is the "offical" measure is from Winthrop..next town over.This is new as of last year.

well it's not fair.  I'd bet he isn't loballing per say.  If you're right on the ocean and the winds are strong...the snow just blows away and there is no land to the northeast to compensate.  The snow blows just a bit further inland where it is caught by buildings etc.

You're Welcome!  

Unless something major happens and these bands sit over us til like late morning :lol:  probably nothing more tonight.  

No worries!  Stay warm -- Looking forward to seeing what daylight brings.  Congratulations Connecticut -- looks like you might be taking home most in show from this cow.

model/nowcast disco but we're all in here...

last HRRR/RAP depict huge amounts still to come in eastern/southeast MA... 18-24" still to come... what's that all about?

HRRR primary / Dev1 and RAP all show something very similar:

attachicon.gifacsnw_t3sfc_f18.png

Bull excrement.....probably like 10" more

No worries!  Stay warm -- Looking forward to seeing what daylight brings.  Congratulations Connecticut -- looks like you might be taking home most in show from this cow.

I was like instantly frozen walking through the snow...I couldn't even take my pants off there was so much snow on my shoes and jeans.  Shoes are soaked so no more outside for me tonight.   

This is going to be a chore to shovel...living on a corner street, the driveway has like 4' of snow, and 3 walkways...I don't even know where to put it actually.  

I'm Literally on the NW Edge now of the Eye-like Feature on the Radar that started in Southern Central Rhode Island and is moving ENE.  

That's wrapping Everything around it.  This storm is Intensifying.  Just don't want that Main Death Band to Move too Quick!!!!  It's Intensifying.      

20".  Oh My.  20".  

Good stuff, Cory. I can't even see out my windows LOL....plastered with snow. I have no idea what we have here. May go out in a bit to see.

well it's not fair. I'd bet he isn't loballing per say. If you're right on the ocean and the winds are strong...the snow just blows away and there is no land to the northeast to compensate. The snow blows just a bit further inland where it is caught by buildings etc.

If I walked 2500 feet inland there would be substantially more snow otg than there is here where I can hear the waves on the beach. In that sense I agree with you.

Jm1220 , neighbors have had their roofs damaged 3 times in 4 months. Inland a mile no problems. This one will have done a lot of damage.

Cpick I don't think I see 12+ tonight. Hrr I think is on the crack

The BEST of the band right now is in the area around LEWISTON per radar.

maine getting destroyed, temps teens, over to MHT-CON and look at the "juice" rotating in from GOM to feed that band near KLEW . this thing is gonna get even better.

those parts of maine rock'd early this am, then had a break now they get to run past 20 in next cple hours up there, and they could go for a while

stuff is filling in by cape and looks like whole area may get rock'd a few hrs

Close to if not 20 inches in the Boston common. Just came in about 15 min ago and it's just pouring snow. INSANITY..

That's sounds more representative for Boston. I have always thought the Boston common should be the official spot for snow reports.

I just don't see how Logain airport can represent the city.

If I walked 2500 feet inland there would be substantially more snow otg than there is here where I can hear the waves on the beach. In that sense I agree with you.

Jm1220 , neighbors have had their roofs damaged 3 times in 4 months. Inland a mile no problems. This one will have done a lot of damage.

Cpick I don't think I see 12+ tonight. Hrr I think is on the crack

yep I know what you mean...being right on the water makes a difference...the snow literally blows away lol. 

Is that some ocean enhancement near Plymouth?

Archived