• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

I was like instantly frozen walking through the snow...I couldn't even take my pants off there was so much snow on my shoes and jeans.  Shoes are soaked so no more outside for me tonight.   

This is going to be a chore to shovel...living on a corner street, the driveway has like 4' of snow, and 3 walkways...I don't even know where to put it actually.  

Call up Jeb - problem solved.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've probably only seen these conditions twice in my life to this point...blizzard of 96 and 12/9/05.

I remember Feb 1969 but that was over a 2 day plus period, 1978 was not that big here, 1996 i believe was decent but this one would rank at the top here as far as intensity

If I walked 2500 feet inland there would be substantially more snow otg than there is here where I can hear the waves on the beach. In that sense I agree with you.

Jm1220 , neighbors have had their roofs damaged 3 times in 4 months. Inland a mile no problems. This one will have done a lot of damage.

Cpick I don't think I see 12+ tonight. Hrr I think is on the crack

Totally, and that's where this being a ton of snow can create a lot more problems. My roof lost a bunch of shingles from Sandy, some in my town had more damage and siding ripped off (the vast majority of damage we sustained was water related), but I can't imagine what 2 feet of snow in addition would have done. You guys have a lot more left in this and hopefully the wind aspect dies down soon (though I know it isn't progged to). Losing power is probably the most misery-inducing of them all though since we're in February.

Ugh... gorgeous deformation band so close yet so forever far away.  Looks like it's trying to make another little push to the west in the last couple radar frames.  Plz. Plz. Plz.
CON must be getting blitzed. It is snowing 2-3"/hr, but it is probably all downhill from here. Another 20 miles and it would have been like Jan 11.

Pretty awesome ML frontogenesis going on over E and C MA on a slightly different process vs the earlier CT band...that ealrier band was obscene WAA from the SE...this is the wind convergence with NW winds from NY State and still NE winds in the MLs in MA.

Pretty awesome ML frontogenesis going on over E and C MA on a slightly different process vs the earlier CT band...that ealrier band was obscene WAA from the SE...this is the wind convergence with NW winds from NY State and still NE winds in the MLs in MA.

Dude were about to be crushed. Just measured 17.2" average and that band hasn't hit us yet.

Box reiterates what we've been saying, death band about 75 miles west of where progged, but moving eastward so not writing off higher amounts yet...

Near term /until 6 am this morning/... 220 am update...the forecast remains on track. A heavy snow band extended across northern Connecticut and up the Connecticut River valley into southwestern New Hampshire has weakened from earlier. However...snowfall rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour are still possible within this band with about a foot and a half of snow already on the ground. This may be the area where we end up having the highest snowfall totals. While the models are indicating banding...they are off on the location by about 75 miles... indicating it would be in the Boston to Providence corridor. As the low continues to progress northeastward...expect the band in the Connecticut valley to move eastward...so not willing to write off higher amounts elsewhere across southern New England yet. 

But Will, That Main Band is moving SO Quick now.  I don't know how I see more than 4"-5" more from this storm unless that thing gets Wider AND Slows the hell down.  OR, if New bands form behind it.  

I would love if all of a sudden that band turned into a Longer stretched version 12/9/05 as it slowly exist.  We Have the Eye that is almost out to sea now, past Brockton.  

Archived