• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Models failed big time with the prolonged cold and snowy pattern like the weeklies were showing and many were latching on to the huge blocking pattern. 

At least I got 12 inches out of this pattern but it could have been longer.

I tried telling you to not buy into that so called pattern change...oh well ...

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Models failed big time with the prolonged cold and snowy pattern like the weeklies were showing and many were latching on to the huge blocking pattern. 

No one besides hypers thought that

52 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

That's one thing about the awful 80s, seems we had a few good March storms thrown in.

and April 82/87 

speaking of which, over the years I've never heard much about that late April 87 storm .. anyone here experience that one? Just wouldn't expect 12"-18"+ over ORH county with this look:

1254339885_Screenshot2024-02-18at11_55_58AM.thumb.png.b6e5ad176cd0b8c4ac5d2867a46042c3.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

and April 82/87 

speaking of which, over the years I've never heard much about that late April 87 storm .. anyone here experience that one? Just wouldn't expect 12"-18"+ over ORH county with this look:

1254339885_Screenshot2024-02-18at11_55_58AM.thumb.png.b6e5ad176cd0b8c4ac5d2867a46042c3.png

I remember the 82 storm, my friend had a convertible and was driving around with the top down because it was warm, he swung by house with the convertible down during the snowstorm and we drove around with the snow falling with no top. He had a foot of snow in his car that we cleaned out later. There may have been drinking involved.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

No, models did not fail anything. This has been said 1,234,564,349,349,046,903,529,034,695,239,528,585,258,457,474,868,389,393 on the board over the years but just because a pattern looks good DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL PRODUCE. If people stopped looking and using the piece of no good garbage trash snow maps and tossing the around like they have any merit, weight, or indicate anything maybe this wouldn't be a problem. Going around saying models suck or models failed because the 384 hour snow maps didn't verify is pure unscientific trash.

This also have been sated 1,234,568,635,444,556,900,201,4567,000,0939 times over the years but when looking long-range it goes like this

1) Identify the pattern 

2) Identify moving pieces within the pattern and how they will evolve when inside the window of a threat. 

But all this crap keeps going over some people's heads because they look at the piece of garbage snow maps and then the horses have left the gate and they didn't even take their morning poop.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just want a warm March at this point....honestly. Aside from a rogue bowling ball and assuming 2/24 doesn't work out, its over... and Steve can quote that and hang it on his wall in the doggie kennel.

Put it in your dirty diaper bin and smoke it. You have no insight into the whole of March. WAG

• Weenie 1

It’s been a cold weekend and for now not much warming until at least after this week.  In other news our journey to FL departure is now delayed until 3/3.  Hopefully it snows because 2 more weeks of this awful winter would be bad if it’s chilly.

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

...In the not so distant future (10 years?), museums will have exhibits showcasing the days of yore when New England had real winters.  There will be interactive displays and dioramas of great blizzards right next to the Woolly Mammoth, and Saber Tooth Tiger exhibits.

A weather forum member’s ancestor on the coastal plain 15,000 years ago. Stay well, as always ….

IMG_7196.png

• Haha 3