• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

8 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Appreciate the update... We were thinking of driving back up today. I'm hoping the main roads will be treated.

Saw another post that higher up towards the lake, it's snow, but here in MLP, it's still 100% ZR. Just went outside and as would be expected, if the road isn't treated like mine (I live on a street with only one other house), it's a skating rink. If you venture out, hoping for safe, safe travels for you/family. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, katabatic said:

Saw another post that higher up towards the lake, it's snow, but here in MLP, it's still 100% ZR. Just went outside and as would be expected, if the road isn't treated like mine (I live on a street with only one other house), it's a skating rink. If you venture out, hoping for safe, safe travels for you/family. 

I’m at the top of Wisp and it’s sleet/freezing rain right now

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, katabatic said:

25/21 and rain here, but mixing back with snow during the heavier returns 

• Like 1

LOL

It’s a flat out joke. These are back to back runs under 26 hours. Yea, I guess in a way you can say it’s picked up on some trends at 12z so it adjusted, but what’s the point of running it beyond 24 hours if it does this crap? Always use it as a strictly nowcast tool never a forecasting one beyond a day. Lesson for the newbies

6 minutes ago, Heisy said:

This is why the NAM needs to be retired already. I guess you can use it for last second trends, but you can never trust it altogether. 68cebeef79fcb64c9bafe9ec4786cde8.jpg
36300780b7b02eee23a7a53f75482b2b.jpg

Yeah Philly and the close in burbs really got boned  I feel bad for people that live there

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic