Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

6 hours ago, FXWX said:

You are perfect example of what problem is these days with trying to discuss science related topics from climate change to vaccinations.  It's never an all or nothing argument.  There is no doubt there is a human component to climate trends.  The question is how significant??? It is certainly not 100% nor is it 0%.  Folks can stick their heads in the sand and block their ears if they want to, but that does not change the facts about climate trends and the likely partial input from humans.  On the other hand, those who want to scream and shout that the issue is 100% human caused are just as guilty.  My suggestion is read a variety of peer reviewed studies and stop listening to the extremes on both sides.  Is will be my one and only post on the subject.  I have zero desire to try to convince folks on the extremes of either side of the issue what to believe... 

Chef's kiss of a statement. Largest issue plaguing this forum is the the dearth of capacity for nuanced thinking.....George is the perfect example, from one end of the spectrum to the other.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Likely so 

certainly appears to be the last telegraphed one from a week out , especially for places where it’s “supposed” to snow

I’m just Hoping it stays active post pattern change 

Did you see how cold the op is in clown range?  Makes me want to go south!

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It’s rare to have a winter rain event raise the lake level on the “6th Great Lake” to a level above the spring melt.  December never gets the highest water level of the year.  Add it to the list of things we haven’t seen in a minute of history.

Its been a wet year overall.

IMG_7072.thumb.jpeg.7124e97f95f613cf17abb24a9fbb4460.jpeg

Everything is unprecedented--until it isn't.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Some serious desperation up in Fort Kent. Caught this woman nordic "skiing"

image.jpg

Lol…well I don’t know if I’d call it desperation.  December is always a crapshoot, even up there.  They’ll start piling it up so very soon.  We were gonna head up on the 26th, but that’s scrapped. I’ve kept track of the Decembers Ive been able to go, and the ones I couldn’t, and it’s been the same for 25 yrs…pretty much flip a coin.  Some years it’s a go, others not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1