Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter 2023

George BM

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

Happy Thanksgiving friends! Spending ours at home with just us three, not hosting, didn’t have to clean, will make a small feast, in my pjs, drinking all day with no stress whatsoever. Fantastic 

Happy Thanksgiving and may everyone be blessed with endless amounts of deviled eggs. They're da bomb!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Pleasantly surprised with the Caps this season.

They keep finding ways to win.

Seems like getting some of the young ones from the farm system is paying off.  I wasn't expecting much this season and still am not holding high hopes, but will be happy as long as it lasts.  

I do think that Ovi will take longer to get to Gretzky though than most people think. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Seems like getting some of the young ones from the farm system is paying off.  I wasn't expecting much this season and still am not holding high hopes, but will be happy as long as it lasts.  

I do think that Ovi will take longer to get to Gretzky though than most people think. 

Ovi definitely off to a slow start.  Hopefully at some point next year he can break the record but definitely needs to start scoring on a more regular basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Happy Thanksgiving friends! Spending ours at home with just us three, not hosting, didn’t have to clean, will make a small feast, in my pjs, drinking all day with no stress whatsoever. Fantastic 

Well, we'll end up with 14 or 15 here, so some clean up and preparing going on here, but it has now become tradition for family to come here in last three years. I don't mind, super nice to see all the family. Wishing all a super and safe Thanksgiving out there in forumland!! 

• Like 3

I’ve got my Elijah Craig (underrated, cheap bourbon imo) waiting for me at my cousin’s place. It’s nice being the only whisky drinker in that part of the fam lol.

21 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Happy Thanksgiving, AmWX Mid-Atlantic Family!!!  A couple of photos...Japanese maples at the Audubon Nature Center, the color was insane, like an impressionist painting!  And, a black and white of the National Cathedral taken from the rooftop deck where I currently live in Bethesda.

Misc2023_389.thumb.jpg.eca32bb3bcd802b8ea941e2e8a601b6b.jpg

Misc2023_387.thumb.jpg.0ef1577667d41e40435a6ebe03984840.jpg

Misc2023_421.thumb.jpg.c799ae890592efc35754311a8a42a433.jpg

Oh wow...that foliage! You can't get more picture-perfect than that. Certainly Vivaldi worthy :lol: That color is richer than any other that I've seen this Fall. (Do you think it's because they're a different type of tree?)

And the National Cathedral...gonna make my first visit there for the Messiah in a couple weeks! :D Looking forward to seeing how it looks in person (they kinda became a second church of sorts as we started watching the services during the pandemic!)

• Like 1

SNOW GAME!  Iowa State at Kansas State, 8 PM tonight (Fox).  This should be fun to check out:

Today:  Snow, mainly after 11am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight:  Snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 18. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Re: my post in obs thread / the hike ended up being 9 miles - almost 1000 feet of elevation gain throughout the stroll - glad I have been building up to that…otherwise - bad things. And most everyone else in the hiking group was super experienced- was glad to hold my own. Four and a half hours and 24,500 steps. Not my usual weekend activity. But healthier (unless my heart gives out…)

• Like 6

Except in a few cases - as soon as somebody starts saying things like 

"my vast years of knowledge" 

I know to stop taking them seriously. The true ones that have years of experience don't flaunt them overtly like that. 

PSU, Bob Chill and all of the degreed mets on here don't flaunt "I'm better than you because I have decades of observation" 

Take notes certain people... 

It's like somebody simply saying as a rebuttal "I've done my research" 

RMPL 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Except in a few cases - as soon as somebody starts saying things like 

"my vast years of knowledge" 

I know to stop taking them seriously. The true ones that have years of experience don't flaunt them overtly like that. 

PSU, Bob Chill and all of the degreed mets on here don't flaunt "I'm better than you because I have decades of observation" 

Take notes certain people... 

It's like somebody simply saying as a rebuttal "I've done my research" 

RMPL 

Not to mention that's not even a real rebuttal?

P.S. "RMPL"?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic