Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter 2023

George BM

10 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Got a chance to meet and hang out with @WxWatcher007 this evening and it was a blast. I certainly want to meet more in here in the future. Tonight was so great!

PS: If you've never been to El Sapo in Silver Spring, you have to go! Authentic Cuban cuisine that will knock your taste buds out. Outstanding

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Feel like we desperately need a pseudo-official meetup soon. It’s been a long time — and now I’m past old enough to drink at one. emoji482.png

It was awesome catching up and the food joint was spectacular!  

I’d love to do a regional get together, even if schedules don’t work and it’s virtual.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Came back yesterday temporarily and weak, but strong now. Holy cow, what a relief.

Right? That's how I felt. It was barely noticeable for a few hours and then it came pouring back. Eventually came back to what I would consider 100% after maybe a week or so.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Got a chance to meet and hang out with @WxWatcher007 this evening and it was a blast. I certainly want to meet more in here in the future. Tonight was so great!

PS: If you've never been to El Sapo in Silver Spring, you have to go! Authentic Cuban cuisine that will knock your taste buds out. Outstanding

Glad you all enjoyed it! We are gonna have to have a get together right here in the great state of Texas! We'll show you what authentic Texas BBQ tastes like!

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

Sipping on a 2022 BCBS for HH. So nice.

I need to stock up on BCBS this year. Beer geeks sh*t on them because the "sold out" to Goose Island, but it's simply one of the best and most reliable BA stouts around.

My best friend has a huge stash of BA beers (including BCBS) that he needs to offload due to not being able to drink much anymore. He reached out and asked if I want a bunch of them...definitely need to take him up on the offer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I need to stock up on BCBS this year. Beer geeks sh*t on them because the "sold out" to Goose Island, but it's simply one of the best and most reliable BA stouts around.

My best friend has a huge stash of BA beers (including BCBS) that he needs to offload due to not being able to drink much anymore. He reached out and asked if I want a bunch of them...definitely need to take him up on the offer.

It's solid. Always easy to find too. 

Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort is OPEN!

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mammoth-webcam/unbound-main-park

Unbound is my fave place at mammoth. They are always blowing a gnarly amount of snow at night! They have 5 inches of natural snow and 10-12 inches of man made on the slopes that are open! Have you seen how frickin' BIG those snow guns are? About 15-18 feet tall and the gun itself looks to be about three feet wide! They dont fool around when it comes to makin' snow! If I had about fifty of those snow guns on my place here on a frosty 20 degree night, I'd have a couple feet of snow in no time! I'd be jebwalkin' and diggin' massive amounts of snow!

Look at those skiers! Man that place is just getting started! Just wait til the BIG Pacific storms start smashing that mountain with massive amounts of snow! They'll get three feet of pow then face shots will be everywhere and the instructors will be going nonlinear!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

The “For You” tab for my Xwitter is this hilarious mix of random weather accounts that seem evenly divided by:

”Super Nino east coast winter torch inbound!”

”This Nino is different, looking cold and snowy for the east coast this winter!”

We have a winnah.

In other news, Jay Peak Resort's 7 inches has edged out Palisades Tahoe for snow so far this season.

All Palisades was able to muster was 4 inches so far. Even Mammoth has 5 inches natural snow.

30 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

The “For You” tab for my Xwitter is this hilarious mix of random weather accounts that seem evenly divided by:

”Super Nino east coast winter torch inbound!”

”This Nino is different, looking cold and snowy for the east coast this winter!”

Here is one on mine. Funny read. Replies include one from DT lol. These dudes throw around terms/acronyms like 'downwelling kelvin waves' and WWB left and right, but its unclear if they truly understand the complexities/ ramifications of any of it. My guess is mostly no. Hyperbolic for the clicks is the game. Comical.

By late Thursday, Anchorage had a 21-inch snow depth, or the total amount of snow on the ground. This was Anchorage's greatest snow depth for so early in the season, according to Alaska-based climatologist Brian Brettschneider. Already, 26.6 inches of snow has fallen in Anchorage this season, which is 17.5 inches above the average snowfall to date for Nov. 9.  ( first blizzard warning of season.)

• Like 1

Anyone have any experience with the Logia 7-in-1 Wi-Fi Weather Station? I started using it in May and it stopped working in September (been busy and keep forgetting to do something about it) and it isn't measuring the rainfall any more. Temp, Dew, Wind, Wind direction, etc. are all fine. 

Not sure if it is still has a warranty or not. Anyone have any thoughts of how to fix it? I tried new batteries, nothing appears clogged in it, and I re synced it.

Thanks!

On 11/9/2023 at 7:37 PM, Jebman said:

Glad you all enjoyed it! We are gonna have to have a get together right here in the great state of Texas! We'll show you what authentic Texas BBQ tastes like!

One thing I miss about Texas is the BBQ, Jeb. Man, they can make some killer brisket and BBQ in general down in those parts. Holy cow, literally 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic