• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rtd208

The next 8 days are averaging   79degs.(79/88) or +3.

Reached 79 here yesterday 

Today:   80-84, wind w.-breezy, p. cloudy-clearing late, 66 tomorrow AM.

73*(98%RH) here at 7am{was 72 earlier}.   T crashed to 68 in quick shower.     72* at 9am.       75* at Noon.      80* at 3pm.  Reached 85* at 5pm.

69 / 66 0.87 in the bucket.  Trough coming through and front should clear by later this afternoon after more showers and storms become isoltated.  Gorgeous weekend on tap.  Sunny dry dew points into the 50s.  Highs Sat (8/19) - low - mid 80s.  Sun (8/2) mid - upper 80s, warm spots could touch 90.  Robustico ridge builds to 604 DM near KS with Hurricance Hillary pumping the western side of the ridge.  Ridge shoots a piece of quick heat into the area Mon (8/21) low / mid 90s southern areas.  850 MB temps to >16c in the area with the strong heat south.  By Tue the flow is coming around to the NW-N-NE and it drops back to the 80s.  The rest of the week looks spectacular Wed - Thu (8/24).    

Flow comes around more Westerly by Fri (8/25) into the following weekend 8/26 , 8/27 with warmer and next shot at quick heat.  

Beyond there ridging into east with tropics active SE / GOM.  Overall warmer finish to this month but sustained heat is south and west as it looks now.

GOES16-NE-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Just .15" rainfall here.  Dare I say that is ok....we're good for a while.

Nice refreshing air mass moving in....for mid August I will take it. 

Windows open for a few nights up this way.

Yeah everything went to my east. Only got .18 which is fine. Looks like a fairly dry week coming up

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah everything went to my east. Only got .18 which is fine. Looks like a fairly dry week coming up

Yep Allsnow got a lot of rain but we just missed it. Only .13 here. Like you said it's no big deal since we've had plenty of rain.

Looking forward to the beautiful weekend with very low humidity. One rare hot day on monday, and then more beautiful low humidity weather with temps only in the low 80s tuesday through thursday. What an August we're having. 

• Like 3

Interesting satellite picture this morning.

That smoke is going to get trapped under building very strong upper ridge over the nations mid-section.  Some hot and hazy days there.  Thankfully we will be on the northeastern flank of that ridge (at least for now) and a dry (not much rain coming up) NW flow of pleasant weather should generally be the rule.  A day of heat here and there ahead of cold fronts that beat it back.  Close call.  If that ridge were further east would would be in late August sizzle mode  I'm not really impressed for anything noteworthy in the tropics for the next week.  Conditions rather hostile for anything intense or long lived.  Certainly nothing to threaten the east coast over at least the next 7-10 days.  Will be interesting to see what the disturbance east of the Bahamas does once it enters the gulf.  Atmospheric conditions marginal but water nearing hot tub warmth so worth keeping an eye on.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 9.14.43 AM.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Interesting satellite picture this morning.

That smoke is going to get trapped under building very strong upper ridge over the nations mid-section.  Some hot and hazy days there.  Thankfully we will be on the northeastern flank of that ridge (at least for now) and a dry (not much rain coming up) NW flow of pleasant weather should generally be the rule.  A day of heat here and there ahead of cold fronts that beat it back.  Close call.  If that ridge were further east would would be in late August sizzle mode  I'm not really impressed for anything noteworthy in the tropics for the next week.  Conditions rather hostile for anything intense or long lived.  Certainly nothing to threaten the east coast over at least the next 7-10 days.  Will be interesting to see what the disturbance east of the Bahamas does once it enters the gulf.  Atmospheric conditions marginal but water nearing hot tub warmth so worth keeping an eye on.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 9.14.43 AM.jpg

I take it the Saharan dust had no effect on the western atlantic/gulf water temperatures?

53 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yep Allsnow got a lot of rain but we just missed it. Only .13 here. Like you said it's no big deal since we've had plenty of rain.

Looking forward to the beautiful weekend with very low humidity. One rare hot day on monday, and then more beautiful low humidity weather with temps only in the low 80s tuesday through thursday. What an August we're having. 

You get some rain yesterday afternoon too?  My sister did in PWay.  Only .08" here last night.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FPizz said:

You get some rain yesterday afternoon too?  My sister did in PWay.  Only .08" here last night.

Yeah yesterday afternoon a small downpour looked pretty good on radar as it was approaching from the south, but it weakened just as it was hitting my area. It poured for about 1 minute and then some light rain for 5 minutes. I got only .07" out of that. Have a great weekend! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah yesterday afternoon a small downpour looked pretty good on radar as it was approaching from the south, but it weakened just as it was hitting my area. It poured for about 1 minute and then some light rain for 5 minutes. I got only .07" out of that. Have a great weekend! 

Yup. .95 overnight with some loud thunder. Grass is very green 

• Like 1