• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023

Stormlover74

Surprised. It seemed as if the threat was over, but I got lucky here after midnight. A small downpour popped up in Hunterdon County and made it to my area, and then another cell popped up right behind it. Very heavy rain and a couple close lightning strikes. A half inch of rain. I thought I was gonna have to water the vegetable garden later today, but now I won't have to. Nice surprise late tonight. 

• Like 2

The last 4 days of July are averaging    83degs.(73/93) or +5.

Month to date is   79.2[+1.7].      July should end at     79.7[+2.1].

Reached 94 here yesterday at 6pm with H.I. of 106.

Today:   91-96, wind w. to s., few clouds, 78 tomorrow AM.

79*(86%RH) here at 7am{was 78 overnight and 84 at midnight}.    80* at 8am.      81* at 9am.       84* at 11am.      84* at Noon.      86* at 1pm      87* at 2pm.      85* at 3pm.    83* at 4pm.    86* at 5pm     90* at 7pm{H.I. 106}

26 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

The WU, point and click narrative contains the phrase “near record high temperatures”, however the projected high for MMU is 91; the record is 101.

Odd bit of programming to have that phrase included. 

in any event, next week looks incredible. 

Yep as we enter August maybe the back of summer is broken....

12 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Ha True.   But always seems like August is more tolerable-probably a combo of lowering sun angle and dropping daily average high temps...

Depends, August can be just as bad, look at last year.  Even September 2015 comes to mind.

8 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Surprised. It seemed as if the threat was over, but I got lucky here after midnight. A small downpour popped up in Hunterdon County and made it to my area, and then another cell popped up right behind it. Very heavy rain and a couple close lightning strikes. A half inch of rain. I thought I was gonna have to water the vegetable garden later today, but now I won't have to. Nice surprise late tonight. 

Yeah, it was raining so hard it woke me up, it was brief, but surprising.  I watered the garden after I thought we missed out at about 825 last night.  I got a bit less than you at .22"

• Like 2

8 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

I managed .19. I thought I imagined thunder but fell back to sleep 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

The WU, point and click narrative contains the phrase “near record high temperatures”, however the projected high for MMU is 91; the record is 101.

Odd bit of programming to have that phrase included. 

in any event, next week looks incredible. 

I heard on 1010 wins on the way into work that this is the worst heat in a decade…. Ummmm right…. It’s hot, but pretty much run of the mill for any given July.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I heard on 1010 wins on the way into work that this is the worst heat in a decade…. Ummmm right…. It’s hot, but pretty much run of the mill for any given July.

the hype and hysteria is getting ridiculous.   90-92 in July is not anything crazy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1