Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

18z looks a little better but I don’t like relying on getting under a thunderstorm to get the goods. We need a day long soaker.

That's not happening tomorrow, but I am hopeful of potentially 2 rounds of convection:   one perhaps mid-morning or midday and another late.   The 00Z WRF-ARW2 perhaps shows this idea the best.       Unfortunately, there is enough "bad look" in some of the other CAMs to make me think that not everyone is going to cash in.

• Like 1

Getting the light soaking rain is nice, but I'd like to see a downpour or two with the cells moving through later.  That's what's really needed to clean up this pollen/dust and everything else that's gathered since the drought pattern began.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

This is conversation rain only.  Far too light to do much of any good.  I can skip one day of watering the sod at least and am enjoying the cloudy, wet day.

The patches of brown grass is really showing here.  It might be at least 50/50 brown/green at this point.  We need to get into a thunderstorm pattern or at least find a way to get an upper level low to track further south.  This is the same general issue we faced all winter lol.

0.70" as the rain tapers off. This was sorely needed as we have all said. Every drop soaked in and softened the concrete ground. Really hoping folks to the east get in on the goods.

Fairly light here in Frederick so far, but the ground is wet and I do like my spot for getting in on actual decent precip. I see some yellows incoming…hoping they hold.

• H2O unpinned this topic