Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

16 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

She had a house in Thompson in the boonies, forget who her husband was at the time but they split. Brian Denehy used to stop at the four corners for drinks when he was in town.

I think she still has a house in Pomfret. Denehy had a house in Woodstock up the road from Sweet Evalinas; would always see home mowing his lawn

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I think she still has a house in Pomfret. Denehy had a house in Woodstock up the road from Sweet Evalinas; would always see home mowing his lawn

Yeah when I was a lifeguard in college down there Denehy and his kids would come to the Woodstock town beach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

Saw some deep snows today.  Went through Royalston, Templeton, Rindge, Jaffrey etc. By far the most was in NH near Rindge and also Temple Mountain.  Easily double or maybe triple of what I saw left in MA N ORH.

Took a beating but still full on winter here.. it's actually pretty nuts driving through orange and coming up the hill on route 2.. you can see the snow getting higher and higher as you drive up and it's all within a few miles 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Took a beating but still full on winter here.. it's actually pretty nuts driving through orange and coming up the hill on route 2.. you can see the snow getting higher and higher as you drive up and it's all within a few miles 

No, I was in Templeton early and there wasn't much at all, even at above 1k. Then later I went into SNH and totals grew easily, even at lower elevations.

Maybe 4-8" left at 9am in Royalston but then NE into Winchendon then Rindge, totals went way up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George001 said:

The Pope did a great job with his forecasts this winter, I have to give credit where it’s due. Analogs and the long range models are good tools but the Pope correctly assessed that the presence of geese in November was a red flag. Animals have no sense of the calendar, the way they tell the seasons are changing is based off the present weather, the landscape, etc. Being able to accurately prepare for the change of seasons is literally a matter of life and death for animals, as they are forced to endure a level of exposure to the elements that we have the luxury of avoiding. They are far more in tune with the elements than we are, so I do think seasonal forecasters would benefit from incorporating analysis of animal behavior into their forecasts. Yeah it’s a strange method yeah, but if it works it works. I thought it was dumb at first too,  but throughout the winter it became more and more clear that I was being too closed minded. Instead of just discounting something because it seems dumb, strange, or is telling us something we don’t want to hear, it’s good to keep an open mind. 

2023-2024 winter forecast research already underway.

53FA9E20-A578-464A-BBA9-22F30C01D37A.jpeg

37BC25EE-0A7E-49EB-B3AF-BA079D2B0CCF.jpeg

• Haha 5

Anthony, are you serious??? You tell me 8-10 hrs ago that it’s over!!!!  But yet you “like” Hiesy’s posts showing the pretty blues over the east, and the reds over/west of Greenland????   

You’re a snake doing that shit!!!  I’ll be honest…that’s nasty shit bro, selling me down the River!      

I know it was you Fredo!  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Anthony, are you serious??? You tell me 8-10 hrs ago that it’s over!!!!  But yet you “like” Hiesy’s posts showing the pretty blues over the east, and the reds over/west of Greenland????   

You’re a snake doing that shit!!!  I’ll be honest…that’s nasty shit bro, selling me down the River!      

I know it was you Fredo!  

We’re in Lala land for this threat but I’m shitting the blinds until all events or chase events are 100% out the window haha

I haven’t seen an inch of snow here outside Philly, brutal
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Heisy said:

We’re in Lala land for this threat but I’m shitting the blinds until all events or chase events are 100% out the window haha

I had to call him out…cuz when I mentioned some potential, he criticized me saying it’s over, despite Will saying there could be a legit shot late next week. 

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What torch coming early/ middle portion of next week. 60+ on at least 2 days. Maybe 3

Dude, where are you seeing that It's going to be in the '60s? I think we have a shot of hitting 60, one of the three days in the middle of the week, maybe two. However, not one of the three weather outlets in Connecticut show 60s for any of the days inland for next week.

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Dude, where are you seeing that It's going to be in the '60s? I think we have a shot of hitting 60, one of the three days in the middle of the week, maybe two. However, not one of the three weather outlets in Connecticut show 60s for any of the days inland for next week.

Thought you said good bye?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1