Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 25th Wintry Mix OBS THREAD

The 4 Seasons

8 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

model fail ftw. why don't we just nowcast every storm from now on.

They've been pretty bad this winter. And with all due respect to GYX they have busted pretty hard as a result. I have no idea where they were seeing the 8-12 with this. Few models spit out more than .5" qpf for this. 

20 minutes ago, weathafella said:

5 inches.  All snow but growth has been poor.   Actually no sooner do I type that growth improves and snow increases in intensity.   It was pretty heavy with poor growth in my pee sleep break at 7:30 but I slept till 9:30 afterwards.

Similar here... I too never really had the quarter-size flakes that Coastal and ORH reported not too far away. Heavy this morning, but never good snowgrowth.

I think you and I were just a hair north of the heaviest bands when those were reported and our best lift was below the DGZ.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Always be skeptical of widespread totals of 12"+ in a SWFE.....regardless of guidance.

Yeah I was hoping we'd cruise into the 10-13" range with this one, but the thump didn't last long this morning. We should still tack on a few through this evening, but the high end totals aren't looking likely. 

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Yeah I was hoping we'd cruise into the 10-13" range with this one, but the thump didn't last long this morning. We should still tack on a few through this evening, but the high end totals aren't looking likely. 

I should have just left the original 6-10" range that I had....even 8-12" may have been an unnecessary blink.

Def. the narrow 10-14" slot I had in N ORH hills and se NH.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Storm is over here. About 2” of all IP. Congrats to the north and east weenies.

This storm kinda sucks, what a letdown after the models showing a widespread 12+ for days. Still could make a comeback with the second half, but radar looks bad so that’s not looking likely.

• Weenie 1

It's really raced through ...wow.  I mean we knew that was/could be a limiting factor, but fall rates would need to be pretty huge to get to the 12" end of the range ( speaking for Rt 2 corridor folk or where ever else was all snow). 

We never pinged once here in Ayer.   21 F.   Presently a burst of mod/hvy but looking at rad, this ends to flurry bursts after glow here over the next little while. 

I was est 6" two hour ago.  We had a nice burst around 5 to 7 am where it appears the ballast of this fell. Prior cracked eye out of slumber looked very light out of window. Two dreams later ... eye shot featured exceedingly low visibility during that 2-hr time span.   It's been S- between 7 and very recently.   We'll probably end up 8.1 or something. 

• Like 1