Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th Wintry Mix OBS THREAD

The 4 Seasons

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

I think there will be some redevelopment too, my concern is that will be a narrow area. 

I would like to see cloud tops cooling if we were to pick up widespread accumulations to end it.

I'm only looking at the crappy wunderground radar.  You can see solid shield in ENY and VT but it dissapates in S&C NH.  Hopefully there is enough forcing otherwise this was yet another modelling failure.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just cleaned driveway. Snow got pretty dense..esp the stuff near the top where it started mixing. 

Looks like radar filling back in. Starting to get some steadier flakes again 

image.gif.a21b4b58a714d554c39872836828c094.gif

Yeah was just texing with some met buddies about that 'filling in'

Might be in part what you and I were discussing earlier - re some lvl growth and so forth.   The larger picture hints like the mlv lag up in NY/VT might try to join with that region you're seeing there.  

we may yet 2-3" this -

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Curious about the CT valley, my dad in West Hartford says there simple “isn’t much” of anything. I have been asking him “you didn’t get a dense slab of sleet” he’s like “don’t think so, doesn’t look like it”.

What happened over there I wonder. Anybody?

Weha got over 3” . Ryan measured it. Did your dad open the blinds? 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Weha got over 3” . Ryan measured it. Did your dad open the blinds? 

I don’t think he did to be honest. When you simply glance outside it doesn’t look that bad. I tried to go to work today… and didn’t back out until my tires did not grip enough to get out of the parking spot. Our lot had not been cleared so there was no going anywhere. Hardly anyone is out today and places are closed so I don’t feel too bad. I am tempted to call in to see if they need me tomorrow, Just to help out and make up for the loss.

Dad points out he is in the little rain shadow but Hartford is not exactly Las Vegas