Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 25th Wintry Mix OBS THREAD

The 4 Seasons

9 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

If you have any final reports please DM or @me and ill have a map out tomorrow.

Still can't even get to 30.

This winter can burn in hell.

yeah man, have a feeling we don't see much more this season, just one of those years, need 1.5 to crack 30 here, some in the subforum got that in one shot in the blizzard, shows just how diverse the weather is in NE, more specifically SNE, such a difference for such a small distance, this I noticed really well when I moved to Winsted from Waterbury, nearly double the snowfall

4 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

yeah man, have a feeling we don't see much more this season, just one of those years, need 1.5 to crack 30 here, some in the subforum got that in one shot in the blizzard, shows just how diverse the weather is in NE, more specifically SNE, such a difference for such a small distance, this I noticed really well when I moved to Winsted from Waterbury, nearly double the snowfall

wow. 30" there is like 15" here, rough season for the NW hills. seems to be a thing over the last several years

32 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

at 28.5" on the season so at least better than 15-16...the average here since I moved from Waterbury is 63, total average since 1932 from the closest station and my obs since 2013 is just over 82, I did avg by decade and it's been going down since the 60's where the avg peaked at 118", and it steadily rose from the 30's to that peak, plot is interesting

Even back in the awful 80s NW CT had some ok events and more odds and ends, back when the averages peaked for you there was a much more common type of coastal where the rain/snow line was along I-84 and the Litchfield hills would get clobbered through the berks up to Albany

1 minute ago, codfishsnowman said:

Even back in the awful 80s NW CT had some ok events and more odds and ends, back when the averages peaked for you there was a much more common type of coastal where the rain/snow line was along I-84 and the Litchfield hills would get clobbered through the berks up to Albany

Here in death valley was always tough but that more inside track would still get us a bit more snow overall

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

No.

Warnings typically have large goal posts because it's easier to cancel early than extend at the end.

It makes some sense, 

It would mess with me as a kid, I would actually expect that as long as a warning was in effect, I could expect more of whatever.

NOW if I can get 70 per cent of average snowfall in a season I am happy. 2019-2020 on the other hand was unacceptable except for being balmy.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I thought it looked like less in CON than here…at the least similar. 

the snow growth is very efficient right now and stackage is happening.  I'm going out in a few with the dogs and I'll measure.  Not too much wind, so measuring pretty easy.  When do you think the mod-heavy stuff ends?  Looks close but seems to be some back building.

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

the snow growth is very efficient right now and stackage is happening.  I'm going out in a few with the dogs and I'll measure.  Not too much wind, so measuring pretty easy.  When do you think the mod-heavy stuff ends?  Looks close but seems to be some back building.

Looks like the back edge is approaching. I haven’t had a chance to look at much though.