Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th Wintry Mix OBS THREAD

The 4 Seasons

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Wait,  wait...I thought the UK won? This is news to me....I know several posters were gathered in a celebratory circle jerk collectively milking John's prostate while they rejoiced at the prospect of 6"+ to the south coast....or maybe I just have a neurotic agenda.

You're being a fantastic asshole !

All I ever said about the UKMET is that people were auto-86ing the solution, with no logic or reasoning behind what was ( clearly..) some knee-jerk neurotic defensiveness.  I merely said, 'I'm not sure I see why the UK has to necessarily be wrong'   You got pissed, because I touched a nerve.  Tough shit! That was impulsive to do so -

That's it. Sorry

I never avered the model would be right.  I even gave a rough percentage of model weighting, said to use 15% UKMET, which was the minority input by a goodly margin.

Get a grip.

This storm was handled well by the models.   I stated multiple times that it would sleet to the Pike - and in fact, that has  not even happened yet. 

Also, people over all are completely judging model performance based upon what's going on out the window IMBY - this is gone back to primitive internet culture circa 2002 BS ... whatever.   

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You're being a fantastic asshole !

All I ever said about the UKMET is that people were auto-86ing the solution, with no logic or reasoning behind what was ( clearly..) some knee-jerk neurotic defensiveness.  I merely said, 'I'm not sure I see why the UK has to necessarily be wrong'   You got pissed, because I touched a nerve.  Tough shit! That was impulsive to do so -

That's it. Sorry

I never avered the model would be right. 

Get a grip.

This storm was handled well by the models.   I stated multiple times that it would sleet to the Pike - and in fact, that has  not even happened yet. 

Also, people over all are completely judging model performance based upon what's going on out the window IMBY - this is gone back to primitive internet culture circa 2002 BS ... whatever

Yea...so, about nerves being struck-

I have had a very firm grip since Sunday...unfortunately not everyone has :(

Hate to see it ..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We have pingers too now under the light echoes....It'll be interesting to see if we flip back to snow when those heavier echoes out west move in.

6" here est .. no measure just yet, but using the standard weiner window method. 

S- at the moment.  

Radar appears to have a sleet ball N CT to springfield Mass, so the sleet line probably made it to the Pike ( so far).  Ptype rad shows the snow is still tucked deep into CT ... must be a very elevate melt layer, which is consistent with a very highly sloped elevated front.   

I'm skeptical of 'wrap around' idea this evening over NE zones/S NH...  Too often I've seen that end up butterscotch glowing skies flurries, *however* this situation may strand a saturated layer under inversion, and that can end up being steady light from those mechanics. 

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey .. the sleet capital of SNE has reclaimed its title. Swfe always deliver. 
 With 4-5” OTG now , much of it sleet.. it will take a long time to melt next week . So I’ll take solace in that .

i feel the same. The snow forecast was a bust...mostly...the 4-8 range will verify for nothern CT not southern or central 

We have 2" of pure sleet on the ground, temps in the 20s roads are covered, grass is covered, it looks like it snowed out there despite not seeing 1 flake. 

It's not too often we get a pure wintry mix type of day with a 10-12 hour period of sleet with some freezing rain from time to time. Usually we'll see it in a transition zone for an hour or two but not a full day of it. 

As long as we don't go above 0C and RA i take that as a win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea...so, about nerves being struck-

I have had a very firm grip since Sunday...unfortunately not everyone has :(

Hate to see it ..

This does not absolve your loutish crass demeanor in this engagement - unfortunately - with the possible exception of those that with mid brow I.Q.s  Your POS of turn of phrase is a false equivalence to my calling you out for it. 

But you obviously wont' take culpability for your own actions in that matter, and your ego doesn't accept what it is you just proved yourself to be.

Ignorable

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

6" here est .. no measure just yet by using the stand weiner window method. 

S- at the moment.  

Radar appears to have a sleet ball N CT to springfield Mass, so the sleet line probably made it to the Pike ( so far).  Ptype rad shows the snow is still tucked deep into CT ... must be a very elevate melt layer, which is consistent with a very highly sloped elevated front.   

I'm skeptical of 'wrap around' idea this evening over NE zones/S NH...  Too often I've seen that end up butterscotch glowing skies flurries, *however* this situation may strand a saturated layer under inversion, and that can end up being steady light from those mechanics. 

Yeah the soundings show that....we'll see if it pans out, but this kind of looks like the "puffy hooked dendrites at 1.5 mile vis" that can add up to an inch or two over 3 hours. I remember these types of "toppers" happening a few times during that Jan-Feb 1994 run of overrunning events. We'd be outside finishing up shoveling and we'd get a little fluffer topper while that was going on

Here's the RAP sounding for your 'hood at 6pm this evening....you can see that trapped saturated layer under the inversion and the omega bars on the left lining up with that -10C to -12C layer near the top of the saturated layer. That could produce some cotton balls later.

image.png.376e5322059c2d4132dd0f7a0e5dcb75.png

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This does not absolve your loutish crass demeanor in this engagement - unfortunately - with the possible exception of those that with mid brow I.Q.s  Your POS of turn of phrase is a false equivalence to my calling you out for it. 

But you obviously wont' take culpability for your own actions in that matter, and your ego doesn't accept what it is you just proved yourself to be.

Ignorable

Here is a post short and sweet with understandable vocabulary that the reader will actually...you know, read.

:weenie:

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Snow growth is pretty horrendous....over 8" will be tough to achieve. Glad I slept in lol

It was alot better earlier in the heavy echos. Pretty good stuff for a swfe. Been worse recently with lighter echoes. Hair under 6" here so far