• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It really wouldn't surprise me if the GFS completely shit the bed on this storm, nor if the canadian jumped into said bed, starting rolling around in it and then licked its ass.

What really bothers me is this:

Fe8qKdK.gif

Any time the GFS differs fairly significantly from the Euro in a storm that has southern stream origin or anything close to it, its possible it will get owned.  It did not last week but that was more of an atypical evolution.   The GFS did badly blow the one true Miller A we had this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattm4242 said:

Harvey seems confident about 12+ for coastal and far eastern mass, can tell he is less so about further west.

Stressed that there is plenty of time for it to bump one way or the other.

Yeah this is the way to go. I still do not see any convincing evidence why this is a big deal at all of west of roughly ORH or perhaps HFD- EEN.

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

But it matches model runs over the last 24 hours, and that's what these probabilities are based off of. The reality is that we probably aren't able to narrow the range down to something smaller than 0-18" at this point.

yeah understandable, still funny though

20 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I pointed this out in the NYC forum a few days ago but the 500mb pattern over the US is so darn similar to February 24 1989...the storm evolution itself is not and is way more dynamic but the track may be pretty darn similar.

That miss still makes me want to vomit, that was just horrible. I was a junior in HS. I remeber we had a PDD and I was out at breakfast and the sun was getting brighter and brighter but Dr Mel still came on every few minutes to tell us 6 to 10 inches was still coming...Finally around 8 hours later while ACY was enjoying near white out conditions the locals finally admitted it was over for us Ct folk

2 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

That miss still makes me want to vomit, that was just horrible. I was a junior in HS. I remeber we had a PDD and I was out at breakfast and the sun was getting brighter and brighter but Dr Mel still came on every few minutes to tell us 6 to 10 inches was still coming...Finally around 8 hours later while ACY was enjoying near white out conditions the locals finally admitted it was over for us Ct folk

I have PTSD from Feb ‘89. It was my first massive bust as a young snow weenie as we had just moved back up from Texas.