• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

43 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Define concern.  My only worry is I’ll have to backtrack to my non wx friends tomorrow but otherwise yeah it would be great if it hits but if not my life is easier actually 

Come on Jerry you’ve spent 30 years on these boards don't go soft like it doesn’t hurt. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Great stuff and write-up Ray (as per the usual). We share the same thinking for the most part.

Yea,  well....decide how great it is later tonight. Unreal....of course, the MLK deal locked right in when that shit went west. If this fails, I am out on this season completely.

• Like 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Freak trying to trick people ? In the end he may get snow 

nobody is trying to trick people but you. you are posting blatantly false information. pretty soon, if not already, you will figure out your error and start posting about how you can't take the model seriously and have to adjust for the inflow or some crap. but ignore the fact you'd have to do that at 12z too. Or maybe you will just move on. It went east, period.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's both true that it needs work and that it improved. The 18z MSLP is actually farther west and definitely stronger than 12z. It just also happens to be farther east than we want it.

Yeah it seemed as if the spread decreased quite a bit on the 18z GEFS. I probably wouldn't have minded seeing more spread/uncertainty given how crappy they are now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am not worried one bit about ots. Your posts are going to look foolish tomorrow throwing in the towel. Have at it 

I am mostly joking around, but if you think the changes today were positive you really are drunk. Yeah it could still come back west. I'd rather it look good right now on everything.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Going to head up from Philly Friday barring any more shifts east. Probably somewhere in SE MA, cape idk. Always enjoy my time up in NE. Was up there for 2013 and 2015, let's bring it home.

Ps. Sorry for the jinx 

A boat off of Chatham with binoculars.  

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah it seemed as if the spread decreased quite a bit on the 18z GEFS. I probably wouldn't have minded seeing more spread/uncertainty given how crappy they are now.

I was happy when MLK spread increased. Said same, exact thing...didn't matter one bit. They were still wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

nobody is trying to trick people but you. you are posting blatantly false information. pretty soon, if not already, you will figure out your error and start posting about how you can't take the model seriously and have to adjust for the inflow or some crap. but ignore the fact you'd have to do that at 12z too. Or maybe you will just move on. It went east, period.

Nice melt man. Step away for the night . Would be a good idea for you 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 3

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Freak trying to trick people ? In the end he may get snow 

Ha I have zero horse in the race but we go over this once in a while… when you seem to just read the model trends wrong. Most model pages allow an easy toggle.

It doesn’t mean anyone who says the RGEM ticked east means they think you won’t get snow.  It just means it ticked east :lol:.

Its an 84 hour 18z RGEM run. Who cares. 

• Like 3