• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

The freakouts are getting a bit ridiculous. This is still really 2.5+ days away. I know it seems plausible to want to see such strong agreement and consistency but the truth of the matter is we're still within the time frame where subtle differences are going to occur. Forgetting about these east vs. west swings, at the end of the day, we're not asking for significant changes here. For things to come together and be a very high-impact event for most...it's not like a ton has to happen for that to happen. There is a difference in needing drastic or substantial changes and very subtle. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

The freakouts are getting a bit ridiculous. This is still really 2.5+ days away. I know it seems plausible to want to see such strong agreement and consistency but the truth of the matter is we're still within the time frame where subtle differences are going to occur. Forgetting about these east vs. west swings, at the end of the day, we're not asking for significant changes here. For things to come together and be a very high-impact event for most...it's not like a ton has to happen for that to happen. There is a difference in needing drastic or substantial changes and very subtle. 

A 40mi shift either direction can still happen and would have major implications for the whole board.

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

image.thumb.png.6de103105d4bcb8936bd4639eed25576.pngThe 18z gfs is slower and more west with the energy that eventually gets buried out west. To my untrained eye (mets here, correct me if I am wrong) it looks like the energy is digging faster and is farther east. In my opinion this tells me gfs and nam are wrong with burying the energy. 

Wow.  Did you make that??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

image.thumb.png.6de103105d4bcb8936bd4639eed25576.pngThe 18z gfs is slower and more west with the energy that eventually gets buried out west. To my untrained eye (mets here, correct me if I am wrong) it looks like the energy is digging faster and is farther east. In my opinion this tells me gfs and nam are wrong with burying the energy. 

edit- not my map

Such beautiful design, easy on the eyes too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Didn’t you launch radioactive material into the atmosphere about an hour ago?

• Haha 1

Just now, CT Valley Dryslot said:

A 40mi shift either direction can still happen and would have major implications for the whole board.

Yup...and given where we are still at time wise a shift of such magnitude is more than likely and in either direction. What direction that is remains to be seen.

6 minutes ago, George001 said:

Was this Piccaso or DaVinci?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, George001 said:

edit- not my map

6C15E485-4E01-45F1-801B-55377AD305FA.jpeg

• Haha 5