Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 16-17, 2022 MLK storm obs/now cast

George BM

3 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

Carnage! I went on a hike this am near the patuxent river in SOMD. hollies down everywhere, some medium sized ones literally split in half at the trunk in the woods. Where's your shot from?

Davidsonville /Crofton area of AACo.

Some of the hollys that took it hard this year had deformed tops from the previous ice storm. Maybe 10 years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Capture1.PNG

Imagine we could get that energy to transfer off the coast - as Pann alluded to earlier. Less than a 1% chance of that happening but man, imagine a bust in our favor mid storm? That’d be epic. 

Anyway… very much enjoying what’s occurring out there right now. Give me the 4-7” in my WSW and I’ll be happy as a clam (no RR, not that kind :lol:)

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Little bit of wind is making the SN look even more impressive. Those incoming bands are looking even more impressive on radar, and it’s still 22. Still thinking we ice more than expected.

100%. Have a big feeling places W of DC (longitude wise) may ice worse than we originally anticipated. Cold air is hanging in tough. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Imagine we could get that energy to transfer off the coast - as Pann alluded to earlier. Less than a 1% chance of that happening but man, imagine a bust in our favor mid storm? That’d be epic. 

Anyway… very much enjoying what’s occurring out there right now. Give me the 4-7” in my WSW and I’ll be happy as a clam (no RR, not that kind :lol:)

H5 low is showing in North Central GA per mesoanalysis - we'll see where it goes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Ole Bucket said:

Yeah it is WILD.

If we had a little more wind it would be positively crazy.

At least 3” on the ground. 23F at my location. SN+ 

CHO reports “heavy snow”

Love it.

Just got back from Chris Green lake, sledding with the fam. I can confirm it is absolutely ripping it out there! We are closing in on four up here northern CHO, hope it's showing some DC love right about now...good luck everyone and enjoy every minute of it!

• Thanks 1