Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 7 Two-Headed Coastal Obs

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Been a lot better here than I expected too. Solid moderate snow.

dunno how long it'll last but there still is some redevelopment overhead and some pushing back n and nw with some of it.  but the western edge is making progress east.  but your best stuff is just starting with the upslope anyhow.  Imagine with all this fresh snow, how cold all of new england will be Tuesday night/Wed morn.  I'd say -20-30 up your way, I'd say -10 here, and I bet below zero almost everywhere else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

9” in southington, CT.  Great storm!  :sled::snowing:.   We were forecast for 3-6” here, so we certainly enjoy the positive bust this time. 

12.25” on the season to date. 

Looks like the cold is coming early next week…so let’s get another one, to tack on to this one. :thumbsup:

That has been the issue the last few winters..well at least here in NE Ma.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I do..I get what they mean, but its just maddening because I feel as though I have been drowning in a sea of regression for several years already, while regional prosperity continues unabated all around me. I get the idea, though. 

29 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I would have to say that southern NH has also experienced  below normal snowfall the last few winters. 

yeah >10” below normal each of the last 3 years not far to your north

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I've been really fortunate in Holliston since moving here. Managed several jackpots/near jackpots. But knowing the area very well I am aware that the worm can turn easily the other way. My cousins grew up here, so I was here a lot as a kid.

It's a good spot. Sherborn jacks on pretty much every Coastal.

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

It's a good spot. Sherborn jacks on pretty much every Coastal.

Yeah it's fine...but definitely been a bit lucky recently. But there's some sneaky elevation heading back into parts of Milford, Hopkinton and even my part of Holliston where 300-500 foot elevations are commonplace and that also helps a bit.

But there will be some storms at some point where Ray's area cleans up. There's a reason his area averages probably mid/high 60s. Even though the Methuen snow weenies can't fathom a jackpot right now, lol.

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

dunno how long it'll last but there still is some redevelopment overhead and some pushing back n and nw with some of it.  but the western edge is making progress east.  but your best stuff is just starting with the upslope anyhow.  Imagine with all this fresh snow, how cold all of new england will be Tuesday night/Wed morn.  I'd say -20-30 up your way, I'd say -10 here, and I bet below zero almost everywhere else.

Winds are ENE here which is just about perfect. Max every flake.

• Like 1

Looking back, the fronto signals were there. I think I wound have been more aggressive, but what about the dual low? Would it be these big bands that we saw, or would it be more strung out and not as consistent? Those were the questions I had. Other than that, signs were there. It looked like enough forcing from s/w was there to overcome it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MRVexpat said:

Just shy of 10" in Cambridgeport after some compaction. This is for sure beautiful, but would rather have it up in ski country. Gonna be depressing driving to a nearly snowless Sugarbush tonight. At least the powderhound loves it!

thumbnail.jpg

What park is that? Cambridge doesn’t have many open spaces.